HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took this to my Ford Dealer who was clueless on how to do it and they were able to get it done. Thank you for posting this!!
Since I just bought my truck in December, I've called at least 3 or 4 dealers to schedule the Cam Phaser re-program and to do this service procedure for the shocks. They were completely clueless on both things. I spoke to the service manager at one of them and he said he had never heard of it. I asked if he even knew what a Raptor was. After that call I immediately bought Forscan.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can sort of see why the dealers are not keen on the ride height calibration after reading the install instructions for the Icon UCAs. If you never make any mods to the front suspension (springs, UCAs etc) and keep everything stock then you could infer that the ride height would never need to be calibrated. The ride height sensors are in a fixed location on the frame and the linkage is also a fixed length so assuming you never change anything this would all remain in the same position and orientation. When I added my FRS 3.0 and the Icon UCAs this created a new "static position" for the ride height sensors. The Icon instructions even point out that you should measure the distance of the ride height sensors and keep them in a certain range when installing the UCAs. Not sure how this is even possible since the linkages are a fixed length but no matter now that we have FORSCAN to reset things. Long story short, that is why I think the dealers don't really know or have familiarity with making the ride height adjustment.

Almost ez

Reaction score
Confirm the service procedure completed successfully
View attachment 163909

Repeat steps 1 - 6 to verify your ride height is now reset to 0
(the rear height is inferred from the front and may not show as zero)

View attachment 163910
Thanks for sharing this. I tried it last night and it reset everything just as advertised. But it didn’t fix my problem. My truck is all stock and I have recently noticed that my left front feels way softer than the other 3 corners all of a sudden. When I got the initial ride heights, my left front was reading-13 and the others were 0’s or close to it. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the solenoid or the height sensor. I’m taking it in tomorrow to get it diagnosed by the dealership. I was just wondering if you might have an idea.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I just bought my truck in December, I've called at least 3 or 4 dealers to schedule the Cam Phaser re-program and to do this service procedure for the shocks. They were completely clueless on both things. I spoke to the service manager at one of them and he said he had never heard of it. I asked if he even knew what a Raptor was. After that call I immediately bought Forscan.
I'm about to do the same, but did I read right, that Forscan is unavailable due to the Ukraine thing? Sounded weird, but everything seems to be weird now.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to do the same, but did I read right, that Forscan is unavailable due to the Ukraine thing? Sounded weird, but everything seems to be weird now.
Havent heard of that? I bought the cable on amazon and downloaded the software, its working fine for me. Besides doing the live valve recalibration (which does make a difference!), I've done some mods and its very helpful pulling trouble codes.

Raptor_VA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 and have tried this multiple times however the VDM module never loads. I have experience with forscan, followed directions exactly, and have tried both the original version listed in the OP as well as the newest version (.44). As far as I know my truck does not have a tune but I did buy it used. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Just sharing an update on my original issue. After many failed attempts I caved and took the truck into the dealership with a fear that a tune from the previous owner was the cause. Dealer confirmed that they could not access the PCM. I opted to have the PCM replaced to not only gain access to the ride height calibration but also know what files were running the truck. Performed the calibration and the suspension went from a cement truck (I have Geiser springs & Icon stage 3 leafs) back to stock plush feel. And this has also opened up the opportunity to tune it. Thanks to @GooseTuned for the all the help in getting to the bottom of the issue. I'll be jumping on board with your tune as soon as I get over the $$$ting of buying a new PCM.