How screwed am I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Darkhorse99

Reaction score
Do you have a Raptor?
Smurfslayer just has a rather unhealthy obsession with me. He only likes you if you are an ecoboost cheerleader and don't speak up about problems. I seem to be his life obsession.
No, I was asking sasquatch77.

You were being trolled (not by me).

Pretty much @RaptorMaryland nails it.
Agree. Most likely fine for now.

Smurfslayer lives in delerium. He has some fettish.
So which Automation was it that allegedly told you to blow up your alleged Raptor?

Delerium... Nice touch and very ironic. Everyone should check the posting history to make their own judgments.
I appreciate the help and insite, but could yall either drop the bickering or take it some where else?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Darkhorse99

Reaction score
I'm no expert...but did Google this for you. Could be something or nothing. ??? https://scanneranswers.com/how-to-fix-oil-on-spark-plug-threads-why-is-there-oil-on-the-spark-plugs/
I had seen a similar article. Sounds logical. I've heard about plenty of leaking valve cover gaskets. It may be time for mine.
To me the combustion looks fine. The oil on the threads likely came from above. Possibly during assembly. Run a couple of thousand miles and pull that plug for inspection. Betting you won't see oil on the threads.
This was kind of my plan. I'm going to drive it for a week and pull the plug. If oil is still there, I'm gonna a take it in and have it looked at. I'm still under warranty, just hate going there for no reason.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Slightly maybe off topic? When are people changing plugs on the 6.2? Im at 73k and thinking maybe its getting time?

OP
OP
D

Darkhorse99

Reaction score
Why are you changing the plugs at 28k? Those are platinum plugs good for at least 100K miles.
I have a studder when stopping and had a drop in gas mileage. Figured if I was going to pull them to take a look, I might as well replace them. Cheap insurance I guess. Plus being turboed, plugs can wear prematurely.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT says plug change at 10-15k. If you want tip top performance change them at that if you don't care truck has a warranty just run it. Looking at those plugs I think your ok I have a lot of plug testing on my race car. If you problem is still around after all this take it to dealer and tell them to figure it out. Good luck.

Snapper

Reaction score
I have a studder when stopping and had a drop in gas mileage. Figured if I was going to pull them to take a look, I might as well replace them. Cheap insurance I guess. Plus being turboed, plugs can wear prematurely.

I would check brake calipers also. Sounds like they are not releasing cleanly, maybe check the caliper slide pins.

Cliffster

Reaction score
Your plugs normal except residue on the threads.If the plugs are the correct heat range they should last 80000 mi some tunes require a colder plug.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought oil on the threads indicated valve guide seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant

Reaction score
Is the gap exactly the same from Factory on all six plugs, curious especially from number 6