How or when do the heated seats work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's heated only, three is a heating pad under the seat skin. If it's A/C and heat, there's a TED that gets hot/cold and a fan blows that hot/cold air through the seat.

that makes sense. My 801a seats get smoking hot, so I dont get the people saying they arent hot enough, would make sense if the 802 seats are different

HankTheTank

Reaction score
I have 802a seats and at the max setting they're pretty warm but not super hot.
My old Duramax was like sitting in the surface of the sun on it's highest setting.
I think it just varies by manufacturer.

phirinc

Reaction score
Mine get too hot on 3 bars within a couple minutes, have to turn it down. Cooling works very good on bottom, but back is somewhat weak compared to other vehicles I have been in.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats work fine, used them this morning.

Last edited:

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The auto-start (turning the heated seats on for you) does depend on the outside temp (32F I think?). However the dash buttons should just turn them on no matter what. I think yours is toast. They frequently burn the heating element out.

Have you tried both sides just to compare? I bet your passenger side works.
That was pre-13/14 stuff.
I am pretty sure it is now below 50 or 60 deg F outside with auto start. Also you can set the setting, or should be able to 802A/801A to either be Auto/memorize last settings when shut off.

Mine get too hot on 3 bars within a couple minutes, have to turn it down. Cooling works very good on bottom, but back is somewhat weak compared to other vehicles I have been in.

The heated seats are too hot for me before long at most I run them at 1 bar and before long I turn it off. 3 bars and within 5 minutes too hot for me, but wife likes it almost always at 3 bars.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i know it’s an old thread but was wondering if anyone had a problem with the drivers side seat warmer? mine is broken and the dealer service dept say it’s on backorder and no ETA...
Tried to see if any recall for it but nothing.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hi there, i know it’s an old thread but was wondering if anyone had a problem with the drivers side seat warmer? mine is broken and the dealer service dept say it’s on backorder and no ETA...
Tried to see if any recall for it but nothing.

My driver side stopped working, passenger works fine. Taking it in this week.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Driver's side crapped out a few weeks ago. Dealer said the part is on BO 7 -14 DAYS.