How or when do the heated seats work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked over my truck today. The temp was warmer around 58. I turned on the heated seats and felt nothing. It had three bars on. Do the seats use the outside temp to work even though I turned them on?. I have sat in vehicles with heated seats, but it was much colder out. Thanks for any info.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seats work anytime I turn them on. I do notice that they take longer to warm up then some of the other cars I have owned. Try seeing if at least the AC for the seats work. Sorry I really can't be of help.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have the 801A package, so no Ac seats for me. If they do not work once winter hits, I will head to the dealer. Just hope they will work when the time comes. I might have been rushing them mentally,lol.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just looked over my truck today. The temp was warmer around 58. I turned on the heated seats and felt nothing. It had three bars on. Do the seats use the outside temp to work even though I turned them on?. I have sat in vehicles with heated seats, but it was much colder out. Thanks for any info.

Then they arent working. I use 1 bar cruising and its quite warm, 3 bars you would absolutely know it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
hmm... My impression is that the Raptor heated seats are weak. In a Subaru, you turn on the heated seats to max and you’ll turn it down really soon. They heat up in maybe 30 seconds tops. My Raptor takes minutes to notice they’re on. I have never had to turn down the heat on the heated seats in the Raptor.

Mine work, but they’re not exceptional.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im hoping to try them later this week. Picking it up on Wednesday. So I will test them out each morning that its cool enough.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The auto-start (turning the heated seats on for you) does depend on the outside temp (32F I think?). However the dash buttons should just turn them on no matter what. I think yours is toast. They frequently burn the heating element out.

Have you tried both sides just to compare? I bet your passenger side works.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's heated only, three is a heating pad under the seat skin. If it's A/C and heat, there's a TED that gets hot/cold and a fan blows that hot/cold air through the seat.