How Necessary is the Torsen From Dif?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IWE, is what Torsen eats up.
Engaging the Torsen also limits top speed in 4x4 because it can only be engaged in 4x4 low, it's meant for slow rock climbing situations.

What?

The Torsen doesn't limit your speed.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
When engaged it does, read your manual. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

No results found for ‘torsen’ in either the 2017 F150 manual or the Raptor supplement. are you perhaps referring to the electronic locking rear diff?

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No results found for ‘torsen’ in either the 2017 F150 manual or the Raptor supplement. are you perhaps referring to the electronic locking rear diff?

Can't be that either. That would mean you couldn't bounce it off the speed limiter at 107 if you were in Baja mode which engages the rear diff.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Yes engaging the Torsen means locking the front diff.

How exactly do you engage the Torsten? I thought it is a passive system that is always engaged. There is no button or way to engage the system besides putting it in 4 wheel.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Rear E Locker is NOT Torsen my friend.

I think you guys need to read your manuals. And understand want you have

I think your accusation that those in this thread did not read their manuals is without merit, but I’m open to the possibility that maybe all of the previous posters missed something that you know about. So, in the interest of sharing knowledge, please enlighten us as to exactly what you’re speaking of within the manual that documents the front torsen diff limits overall vehicle speed

Engaging the Torsen also limits top speed in 4x4 because it can only be engaged in 4x4 low, it's meant for slow rock climbing situations.

:smiley-face-popcorn

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes your right, I should wait till I can check myself.
I need to get on a PC when I get off of work.

Last edited:

Mistacheese

Reaction score
Wow, this thread is so horribly uninformative. A few great posts and a bunch of random, rambling nonsense, I feel sorry for someone trying to actively gain knowledge on this topic.

Engaging the torsen means locking the front diff...? What the what?