How much wear do you have on your seats so far??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V_K

Reaction score
Hi guys! I got a gen 2 2017 raptor and I have 15k miles on my truck and I just wanted to know how your driver’s side seat and bolster are holding up? I want to know the durbality of the seats in the long run. I would appreciate some pics. Thanks in advance!!

Pinned

Reaction score
My last truck, a 2019 King Ranch, had 45k on it when I turned it in and the seat bolsters + steering wheel looked like new. I'm a pretty normal sized person - 32 waist, size Medium everything. I enter and exit the truck quite a bit on an average day so I am cognizant of taking care of the leather. My Raptor has ~30k on it and everything still looks new too.

Cleaning and wiping down the seats / steering wheel with good regularity will go a long way. As will keeping your hands clean - dirty hands will grease up your steering wheel fast.

Modern leather is pretty much all coated and sealed, so you really only need a protectant. I use Optimum Protectant Plus on all of my cars - apply and wipe down with a good quality microfiber every other week or so. Takes at most 3 minutes to do the driver's seat and steering wheel. Just keep it in the car.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 28k on my 17. I weigh roughly 150 lbs and my drivers seat is pretty worn down compared to the passenger side. I've also had to replace the steering wheel once already due to wear. I clean the interior about once a month.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20K miles on my 2020. 6'2" 215 pounds, seats look good not great, use the truck for work and whatever else so it gets more wear and tear than others. Always conscious to pick my ass up and not roll out of the bolster after seeing my platinum get ruined by that. No complaints here on the interior wear, all as expected, nothing premature.

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My leather is a 2017 with 61k and it is holding up pretty nice. Even the steering wheel is ok. I don't know why some people's steering wheels are gross .

I did scuff the side bolster a little bit when I wasn't careful with my metal clips on my IWB holsters. Made me feel like scratching a blackboard.