How much taxes and fees do you pay annually in SC or NC state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP

Reaction score
I live just outside Mrytle Beach, SC. I paid $581.48 on my 2020 Raptor last year, this year it will go down a little. Tax/tag renewal comes on the anniversary of when you registered it in state and you will have to pay the one time sales tax for SC which is $500.
So there is no property tax for vehicles in SC?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in New jersey. Not sure what you guys are talking about. Annual registration for my 2018 Raptors about $75 no other cost. Sales tax on original purchase is 6.5%
Like PA you are taxed on sales and pay registration. Other states pay property tax on vehicles in addition to homes and land. It’s a cash grab. One that pays.

hguillory

Reaction score
In NC you pay taxes at purchase (3%) and annually on the depreciated value. North Carolina collects a highway-use tax on vehicles instead of a state sales tax. The tax is assessed each time a title is transferred. Depending on county you can assess here: https://edmv.ncdot.gov/TaxEstimator

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when I lived in NC, the registration on my raptor was around $500/550 per year.
I moved back to FL and my tag renewal was $92 for 2 years! Some states really stick it to you.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 something last January, Im in NJ now so I need to transfer at some point, but not all that bad considering my Cayenne GTS was 900 nearly.