How much taxes and fees do you pay annually in SC or NC state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TPAKTOP

Reaction score
Thinking about moving to one of those states. Can't find information about annual taxes and license plate fees there. How much do you pay for it?
for 2019 SCrew in CA I paid just few days ago ~$780 for license renewal. Do you pay more or less?

Roscoe S

Reaction score
Bought mine new in August of 2019.
For 2021 Taxes and Fees, I paid about $385 for my renewal.
They base it on their value on the vehicle, they had mine valued at $50,570.
If you live inside the city limits, you will also get hit with the city tax.
Every year their value goes down and the renewal is less.
But from what I've heard from people coming in from another state, NC hits you pretty good on first time getting registered

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In SC, vehicle/property taxes are a major source of revenue. For my 2018 Raptor, the 2020 taxes were $420, then $384 in 2021. They do the value on assumed value/mileage. Yours would be roughly similar on a '19, and maybe less depending on county...mine is one of the most expensive. You can appeal for high mileage. I also paid an additional $60 every 2 years for a specialty tag. County of residence/where car is kept/garaged also has a pretty big effect on insurance rates in SC.

OP
OP
TPAKTOP

TPAKTOP

Reaction score
In SC, vehicle/property taxes are a major source of revenue. For my 2018 Raptor, the 2020 taxes were $420, then $384 in 2021. They do the value on assumed value/mileage. Yours would be roughly similar on a '19, and maybe less depending on county...mine is one of the most expensive. You can appeal for high mileage. I also paid an additional $60 every 2 years for a specialty tag. County of residence/where car is kept/garaged also has a pretty big effect on insurance rates in SC.
That's not much as I expected. I was thinking about something between 1 and 2 grands, to be honest.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just registered my raptor a couple weeks ago is SC. 540$ I believe. It was 500$ (which was the cap) and a 40$ tag fee.

Kyle761

Reaction score
Thinking about moving to one of those states. Can't find information about annual taxes and license plate fees there. How much do you pay for it?
for 2019 SCrew in CA I paid just few days ago ~$780 for license renewal. Do you pay more or less?
I just payed the same amount yesterday lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You guys should feel empathy for your northern neighbors. VA personal property tax on the Rap is a solid $2200 --per year--

mgh

Reaction score
I live just outside Mrytle Beach, SC. I paid $581.48 on my 2020 Raptor last year, this year it will go down a little. Tax/tag renewal comes on the anniversary of when you registered it in state and you will have to pay the one time sales tax for SC which is $500.