How much taller than a Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I dont understand the appeal to even bigger tires? We are already taking the biggest truck and making it taller, and longer (RIP SCAB) when about 1% of people will use it where that will make any difference 1 time in its lifetime, and the other 80% of users have to park outside because it is now too large to fit in your home/work/parking structures.

What about the other 19%?

Seriously though, bigger tires means the ******* drop faster...or so the theory goes. People don't lift trucks because it gives them more utility, they do it because of the way it looks. Not much different with, and that's certainly the case for wheels.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of mpg change will happen in real world with those 37's. I park inside the garage, our winter temps are like -30⁰C for a full month. The more I look at the gen3 its seems looking better, at this point am hoping to see a new color for the interior other than the blue for the 37

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be surprised if they sell more v8 raptors than v6 when that R is released. It might even be a pre-order system like what they did for bronco. More and more manufacturers are doing it to plan the production run and not having trucks sit in dealership lots till the year end. My local dealer has three 2020's still sitting in the lot for sale

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I dont understand the appeal to even bigger tires? We are already taking the biggest truck and making it taller, and longer (RIP SCAB) when about 1% of people will use it where that will make any difference 1 time in its lifetime, and the other 80% of users have to park outside because it is now too large to fit in your home/work/parking structures.

I actually go off road, and bigger tires offer better performance. The truck is designed for going off road, not crawling malls. I'm thrilled to death that mall crawlers love them, because then I benefit from volume manufacturing. I like that Ford improved performance because this is a performance vehicle. That it works so well as a daily driver is amazing. And good for us since there is demand from folks who never leave pavement.

The silly thing is only an inch longer and two inches taller than gen2 if you get the bigger tires. It's the same length and only one inch taller if you don't. Unless you have a garage the size of a shoebox, it will fit easily. Most garages around here are sized to hold a stock 3/4 ton or one ton and those scrape eight feet tall, the height of a standard garage door, and are quite a bit longer to boot. The Raptor is designed for wide open spaces where land is cheap and building costs are low. No one who can afford a Raptor has a tiny garage when that's the case.

I agree that the width can be annoying in tight parking lots, especially where the spaces are straight in. When that's the case, I back into my spot so that I can't be blocked in by some bozo across the aisle. I also park out in the back of the lot where there aren't any cars and walk a few hundred feet farther. It hasn't killed me yet.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be surprised if they sell more v8 raptors than v6 when that R is released. It might even be a pre-order system like what they did for bronco. More and more manufacturers are doing it to plan the production run and not having trucks sit in dealership lots till the year end. My local dealer has three 2020's still sitting in the lot for sale

Me too. I think that a lot of the big talkers are going to balk when the price is $100k plus ADM. Talk is cheap. A hundred grand is real money.

GT3_Bill

Reaction score

FYI, my home garage doors are 8' x 20', but parking when out and about is the real pain.
37s look cooler, thats it, end of story.

How many people pull 30k lbs with an F350, or take a Z06 or GT3 to the track?

I’d bet sub 5% in both cases, but they sell a shit pile of them all.

Give customers what they want, not your job to sort out what they “need”.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. I think that a lot of the big talkers are going to balk when the price is $100k plus ADM. Talk is cheap. A hundred grand is real money.
In the ford dealership I work the sales have plummeted due to covid and not many people are buying vehicles, the used vehicles have been selling good numbers since the arrival of covid.

V8 raptor will be a flex muscle toy for anyone buying it. If you are daily driving the raptor a v6 is more practical for the wallet. My guess is USD 85k for the v6 fully loaded with the 37 wheels. V8 should be in the 90 -95k as the trx fully loaded is like 94k

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the ford dealership I work the sales have plummeted due to covid and not many people are buying vehicles, the used vehicles have been selling good numbers since the arrival of covid.

Interesting. I think I've got my wife talked into a new car. It might be time to go shopping. Please tell me that sporty luxury cars are moving especially slowly ...