How much taller than a Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much taller this will sit with the 37s? I see no reason for me to upgrade unless I get 37s and I might have a garage height issue. Any educated guesses? I haven’t seen any information on this.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2" taller tire. 1" more on the bottom, 1" more on the top. Therefore the truck will sit 1" taller. Maybe a bit more due to suspension tweaks, but I doubt it'd be over 2" difference.

OP
OP
RRick

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2" taller tire. 1" more on the bottom, 1" more on the top. Therefore the truck will sit 1" taller. Maybe a bit more due to suspension tweaks, but I doubt it'd be over 2" difference.
Thanks, I hope that is it.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have a garage height issue too. Not sure on the type of opener you have, but you can slightly adjust how low the door sits (when up/open) via an arrow on the opener. I had to raise mine an inch to fit my Gen 2

Gen 3 I don’t think will fit for me...

OP
OP
RRick

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My door is set to go all the way up and I only clear by a couple inches, at least that’s what she says.

Bigs125

Reaction score
Looks like they have made some changes to the suspension that effect the overall height too. Gen 2's are 78.5" tall. Gen 3's are 79.8" (35's) and 80.7" (37's) tall depending upon tire size. Some folks may need another step if they get the 37's! LOL

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I dont understand the appeal to even bigger tires? We are already taking the biggest truck and making it taller, and longer (RIP SCAB) when about 1% of people will use it where that will make any difference 1 time in its lifetime, and the other 80% of users have to park outside because it is now too large to fit in your home/work/parking structures.

FYI, my home garage doors are 8' x 20', but parking when out and about is the real pain.