How much power is to much for stock crank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering replacing the Rot Assy due to the blower but the truck is brand new.
I'd like to make cheap power with the blower but as it sits now I know I'm limited bc of the stock internals.

Anyone pushed the envelope on these new 6.2s?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've seen most of the experts say 600 is safe. Maybe shoot livernois a PM. They know how to push the limits.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen most of the experts say 600 is safe. Maybe shoot livernois a PM. They know how to push the limits.

I did bro and ill post up what they say. I think it can handle more if they are selling the stock crank with their aftermarket rot assy.

I mean why sell us forged rods and pistons with a stock crank if it can only hold 600?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
800-900 is where I'd expect the stock crank to go.

OP
OP
GoMuscles

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say torque will break the crank, not HP

I agree but this truck will probably never hook with that much power. I guess we will find out

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I'd say torque will break the crank, not HP

I agree but this truck will probably never hook with that much power. I guess we will find out

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crank is a cast crank. Livernois' boys have forged crank. Check them out. They'll be more than happy to help you out. Go with a set of forged "H" beams as well and forged pistons. I'm a firm believer in building an bullet proof engine completely starting from the crank and working your way out. Also might be a good idea to make sure the block itself can handle whatever you plan on doing to it. Got to look at all the weakest "links" when building big power. If not, she'll find one for ya.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Crank is a cast crank. Livernois' boys have forged crank. Check them out. They'll be more than happy to help you out. Go with a set of forged "H" beams as well and forged pistons. I'm a firm believer in building an bullet proof engine completely starting from the crank and working your way out. Also might be a good idea to make sure the block itself can handle whatever you plan on doing to it. Got to look at all the weakest "links" when building big power. If not, she'll find one for ya.

Most blocks these days are good for ridiculous power. Unless somebody is shooting for 900rwhp (or in that ballpark), you should be fine.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are playing with fire here. This machine will not take high HP 700hp or so that will Hook up. You will kill a lot more things before the crank lol..

Hooking up with too much HP is something that I have a whole lot of experience with. Hope you have a lot of money and time on your hands because the weakest link in the chain is the next to go.:GetMoney::GetMoney:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about 580 hp and torque, and will be looking to add some cubic inches this winter. Would like more torque to turn some paddle tires. Like some people have said, you will find the weak link, maybe some trans parts. But either way will work to build with the best parts possible.