How much light is blocked when lightbar is mounted behind grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old post, but found the exact answers i was looking for. I like the clean look of the LED light bar not being expose but don't like the idea of the grill creating shadows/lines and hinder the output.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I have a 40" behind the grill and a 30" curved mounted to the hood supports behind the grill. I don't have shadow lines from the grill and sure there is some light lost from the grill but there is more than enough light from the two bars to turn night into day in front of me. I like the cleaner look and the added safety for them mount behind the grill. If I need more light, I just switch on my 6 M&E lights in the bumper cutouts! :cool:

wakejunky

Reaction score
The light loss is not the issue if you really run the truck...the lack of air is. I had to remove the light in the grill to keep from overheating when heavy on the pedal on the right.

Attachments

• Desert Door Distillery.jpg
    Desert Door Distillery.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 36

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40" behind the grill, 20" in the bumper, 2 BD S2 in the side bumper air holes. No issues with visibility.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a Torx Plus T27 bit to take the stock bumper apart. Painting, cleaning, and un-denting it while it's apart. Hey PBR where did you get the bracket for the 20" light bar?

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a Torx Plus T27 bit to take the stock bumper apart. Painting, cleaning, and un-denting it while it's apart. Hey PBR where did you get the bracket for the 20" light bar?
The brackets came with the Rigid light.