How much is too much for a high mile gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 60,000 miles on my 2017 and got 7k less than I paid for it. Always better to be lucky than smart. Lol.
But it's actually not luck--Raptors have held their value better than virtually every other truck since they've existed. I know several guys that say they can't justify the Raptor price but then they upgrade 'regular' trucks every two years and it costs them more in depreciation every time than it would if they had just gotten a Raptor.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes everyone is giddy with today’s prices. So sell. One day you will wake up and you will ask why is my 2019 raptor now worth 10k less.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes everyone is giddy with today’s prices. So sell. One day you will wake up and you will ask why is my 2019 raptor now worth 10k less.
Haha no one wants to talk about this but it’s reality. After a stretch of literally everything rising, everything will fall.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not at all how inflation works.
Unfortunately you're right. It might sound good to some that the increased value of their Raptor isn't going to disappear, but the reduced value of the dollar isn't going to disappear either.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obviously he was generalizing and my guess talking about demand falling or supply increasing and price dropping. which is pretty much the two things driving inflation. so that is how inflation works to a degree. wether or not the demand fall is not an argument. its inevitable. its just a question of when and to what degree. todays market and supply chain issues are just exacerbating the supply problem and causing the inflation. bottom line. this all really sucks and will eventually catch up. how long is anybody's guess.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fortunately raptors are one of the few vehicles that can wether this by the way they hold their values just like jeeps do.