How much is too much for a high mile gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score

lorenzo_spag

Reaction score
I have a Gen1, so this doesn't really answer your question.

I paid around $22,000 USD for a 2010 Scab 6.2 with 154,000 miles in August. (Metro Detroit, MI)

Paint is in nice condition, frame is not rusty, bed has some rust underneath I've since painted, with one hole I had to weld in. Interior is really nice, with the luxury package. Only thing I don't have (and wish I did) is a sunroof. So far I've done about 8500 miles since I purchased it with no big issues, but definitely a lot of small things (loose bolts here and there, wiring/electrical issues, hill descent control fault). I also rebuilt from my front shocks. Only complaint is my 60R80 definitely does not down shift from 2 to 1 very smoothly. I reset my TCU adaptive tables in hopes of remedying that, but no luck. Otherwise, I hear an alternator bearing so in the spring I plan to do new alternator and belt, then also I am ordering a new MAF sensor because my idle is not always super stable.

Here's a similarly priced Gen 2 near me: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...=FORD&modelCode1=F150PICKUP&clickType=listing

I'd rather save half the money and own a Gen1 ... which is what I did lol

OP
OP
funkified

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I paid around $22,000 USD for a 2010 Scab 6.2 with 154,000 miles in August. (Metro Detroit, MI)

Paint is in nice condition, frame is not rusty, bed has some rust underneath I've since painted, with one hole I had to weld in. Interior is really nice, with the luxury package. Only thing I don't have (and wish I did) is a sunroof. So far I've done about 8500 miles since I purchased it with no big issues, but definitely a lot of small things (loose bolts here and there, wiring/electrical issues, hill descent control fault). I also rebuilt from my front shocks. Only complaint is my 60R80 definitely does not down shift from 2 to 1 very smoothly. I reset my TCU adaptive tables in hopes of remedying that, but no luck. Otherwise, I hear an alternator bearing so in the spring I plan to do new alternator and belt, then also I am ordering a new MAF sensor because my idle is not always super stable.

Here's a similarly priced Gen 2 near me: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=611220246&zip=48085&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=48085&city=Troy&startYear=2016&incremental=all&modelCodeList=F150PICKUP&makeCodeList=FORD&sortBy=mileageDESC&location=%5Bobject+Object%5D&state=MI&searchByDma=false&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&relevanceConfig=relevance-v2&searchRadius=100&trimCodeList=F150PICKUP%7CRaptor&isNewSearch=false&startYear=2016&numRecords=25&searchByDma=false&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=F150PICKUP&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=100&trimCodeList=F150PICKUP|Raptor&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=F150PICKUP&clickType=listing

Im in the same boat as you except mine is a 13' with the same mileage. its loaded with everything except the blue option interior, but prob worse off on the rust issue. Like you I got mine for way less than half of what a high mileage gen 2 is now. Just got new shocks/springs, new tires, and also have transmission issue at the moment lol

With all that being said Im seeing used gen 1's going anywhere from $30-60k depending on mileage and mods.

OP
OP
funkified

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL ya i guess its great if you own one and looking to get out of it. I was seriously considering a new 2019 a couple years back, and should have just took the dive as I would not have lost a dime on it.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put 60,000 miles on my 2017 and got 7k less than I paid for it. Always better to be lucky than smart. Lol.

lorenzo_spag

Reaction score
Im in the same boat as you except mine is a 13' with the same mileage. its loaded with everything except the blue option interior, but prob worse off on the rust issue. Like you I got mine for way less than half of what a high mileage gen 2 is now. Just got new shocks/springs, new tires, and also have transmission issue at the moment lol

With all that being said Im seeing used gen 1's going anywhere from $30-60k depending on mileage and mods.
What type of transmission issues are you having?

OP
OP
funkified

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a thread about it here

I've just been posting my research and findings, and ill likely end up replacing the whole valve body, all the solenoids and lead frame (assuming that part I posted has all of the above)

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL ya i guess its great if you own one and looking to get out of it. I was seriously considering a new 2019 a couple years back, and should have just took the dive as I would not have lost a dime on it.
In June 2020 I bought a new 2019 and felt like I was being financially imprudent, but you know, you only live once. It has turned out to be an appreciating asset. 2020 and 2021 have been wild...

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here's a similarly priced Gen 2 near me: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=611220246&zip=48085&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=48085&city=Troy&startYear=2016&incremental=all&modelCodeList=F150PICKUP&makeCodeList=FORD&sortBy=mileageDESC&location=%5Bobject+Object%5D&state=MI&searchByDma=false&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&relevanceConfig=relevance-v2&searchRadius=100&trimCodeList=F150PICKUP%7CRaptor&isNewSearch=false&startYear=2016&numRecords=25&searchByDma=false&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=F150PICKUP&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=100&trimCodeList=F150PICKUP|Raptor&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=F150PICKUP&clickType=listing

Is your Gen1 a lead frame recall?