How many years will the Raptor R be made for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Order banks for the 2023 TRX closed today. Rumor is 2024 order banks will open in June-ish. Also rumored that 2024 is the last year for the TRX (Hellcat equipped Dodge vehicles are done this year). If the TRX is truly done in 2024, Id suspect the R to be done in 2024 or 2025.

Joey RAp

Reaction score
Not sure about how long they keep the HP but the 37 inch tires in the Ford 150 family will be here for a long time. They invested a lot of money in redesigning the plant so they can run a truck with large tires down the assembly line.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I saw somewhere online that they may already be giving the "R" a facelift along with the entire F-150 line, and hopefully they set it apart a little more from the typical Raptor.........which is what they should have done from the beginning, with more aggressive styling cues......more pronounced fenders, special front fascia, special edition wheels, smoked "look" taillights........the Black plastic & wheel paint with some Orange "R"s is not gonna cut the mustard Ford!
I think your ideas would've been cool, but if they had done all that, the msrp would've been 150K...lol.

The owners who want it known from a distance, that they have a Raptor R, can opt in on the graphics so even color blind people can see from afar that they have a RAPTO from one side, and an APTOR from the other...lol

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, but I saw somewhere online that they may already be giving the "R" a facelift along with the entire F-150 line, and hopefully they set it apart a little more from the typical Raptor.........which is what they should have done from the beginning, with more aggressive styling cues......more pronounced fenders, special front fascia, special edition wheels, smoked "look" taillights........the Black plastic & wheel paint with some Orange "R"s is not gonna cut the mustard Ford!
i think this facelift will include the regular raptor as well ? esp if the whole line is being facelifted

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think this facelift will include the regular raptor as well ? esp if the whole line is being facelifted

Yes. Raptor is part of the F150 line.

I wouldn't be too surprised though if the current 12 in screen is still available, and the Lightning screen is upgrade. I mean, it's not like the lower F150 trims are all going to get giant screens now. But maybe not. Don't know.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Raptor is part of the F150 line.

I wouldn't be too surprised though if the current 12 in screen is still available, and the Lightning screen is upgrade. I mean, it's not like the lower F150 trims are all going to get giant screens now. But maybe not. Don't know.
Since the raptor is a high trim standard I really Hope they keep that huge screen out of it. I can’t stand those. So much slower to use then Dials and buttons

RapGen

Reaction score
I think your ideas would've been cool, but if they had done all that, the msrp would've been 150K...lol.

The owners who want it known from a distance, that they have a Raptor R, can opt in on the graphics so even color blind people can see from afar that they have a RAPTO from one side, and an APTOR from the other...lol
Anyone who calls it an APTOR or RAPTO is... It’s not even remotely funny or witty. It’s just dumb. I’ve seen a few reviewers say that and even from the first one I thought, yeah, it‘s sad that’s the best you can come up with…

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who calls it an APTOR or RAPTO is... It’s not even remotely funny or witty. It’s just dumb. I’ve seen a few reviewers say that and even from the first one I thought, yeah, it‘s sad that’s the best you can come up with…
I'm not knocking the Raptor R, I think it's an awesome truck. But don't blame me, Ford chose to make it look bad with that graphic font, not me. It's also crazy that they tried the blowing flag approach and moved the red R to the leading letter on the passenger side as if the forward movement moved it to the rear...lol.

The US flag is displayed that way because it is a mirror image and the blue field with stars is always leading. To move the R to the front of the word is lame. Is it a RaptorR or an RRaptor? Can't be both...or can it? I guess it could identify both ways these days...lol.

Sorry if I hurt your precious feelings. Once you get yours, stand back and take off your rose colored glasses and tell me what you see when you look at the graphic...lol.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not knocking the Raptor R, I think it's an awesome truck. But don't blame me, Ford chose to make it look bad with that graphic font, not me. It's also crazy that they tried the blowing flag approach and moved the red R to the leading letter on the passenger side as if the forward movement moved it to the rear...lol.

The US flag is displayed that way because it is a mirror image and the blue field with stars is always leading. To move the R to the front of the word is lame. Is it a RaptorR or an RRaptor? Can't be both...or can it? I guess it could identify both ways these days...lol.

Sorry if I hurt your precious feelings. Once you get yours, stand back and take off your rose colored glasses and tell me what you see when you look at the graphic...lol.
I don’t see anything because I opted for the graphics delete… Looks much cleaner IMO.

A4FA8309-521A-4C93-A80A-BBD0C3A35814.jpeg