How many Raptor Owners have Have or Have Not done the Perch Adjustment?

How many Raptor Owners have Have or Have Not done the Perch Adjustment?

• Perch Level 1

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Perch Level 2

Votes: 92 46.5%
  • Perch Level 3

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • BoAngeles Status

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I've not done top like some of the rest, but I can agree with Greg on the overstress on the CV's. I'm on mid with my 2012 and find the ride quality is great.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone post some before and after pictures of all 3 settings? I'm debating mid-perch but don't want the truck to have that sagging ass look either...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone post some before and after pictures of all 3 settings? I'm debating mid-perch but don't want the truck to have that sagging ass look either...

A quick search, and you'll be able to find said photos. Also look at White Star Industries (WSI), I believe he has photos of all three settings side by side.

Joe

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perch adjustment versus Spacer, there is no relative difference between the two. Its the angle created by the moving the lower control arm down. In both cases that movement is 1.25 inches so the net result is the same. No cv joint damage will occur with a spacer that will not occur if you dont use the spacer. It creates the same angle either way. The difference is you have to pre load the spring to make the perch adjustment ... THe spacer just moves the mounting point of the spring top and does not change the ride or spring rate. So you can do it either way the cv joint damage will be the same either way.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perch adjustment versus Spacer, there is no relative difference between the two. Its the angle created by the moving the lower control arm down. In both cases that movement is 1.25 inches so the net result is the same. No cv joint damage will occur with a spacer that will not occur if you dont use the spacer. It creates the same angle either way. The difference is you have to pre load the spring to make the perch adjustment ... THe spacer just moves the mounting point of the spring top and does not change the ride or spring rate. So you can do it either way the cv joint damage will be the same either way.

Not really. The shock limits droop. Changing the shock location in relation to the chassis to achieve an additional 1.25" ride height gain also increases droop by 1.25" (and decreased fully compressed stop). The perch mod does not since location on the chassis stays the same, only location of spring on shock body and stroke position are changed. So with the spacer as you approach full droop, or reach full droop the inner and outer CV joint working angle has increased. The upper control arm ball joint is also binding because at that point, its passed its working angle and is now being pulled in tension by the force of the spring.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are some UGLY pics on this site of the aftermath from running spacers in the desert on a Raptor just FYI. It is intentional that we don't have the companies that make these spacers as Supporting Vendors here, and it's no accident that the Vendors we do work with aren't selling spacers.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mid 6 months ago and love it no issues. Also did the sway bar delete.

Sent from my Galaxy S3