GEN 2 How many of you needed a new trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavendort

Reaction score
I have only had the truck a year, and put around 35k on it. I do drive it how it was intended to be driven. The transmission was serviced just before I bought it, though I doubt the dealer I got if from knows how to tie their shoes let alone service a transmission. The shifting issue I have is the fact that it got progressively worse to the point of feeling like something is going to break. Also going from park, reverse, or neutral to drive made the truck lurch forward roughly a foot every time. This isn't the norm for most people. It is an odd transmission that some people don't realize shifts as aggressively as it does. I didn't mind all that much until it started the lurch when going into drive.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission on these takes a bit to warm up. Don't respond well to fire up and race out of wherever you domicile to wherever you silently rage against the man.
You are 100% right!!!! I had a 2017 and now I have a 2019. Both drive/drove horrible when cold!!!! The shifts can be harsh and the torque converter does not lock up which kills acceleration. I get what it is trying to do, but I have never had a car/truck drive as bad as my Raptor when cold. It usually takes about 5 minutes or so of driving before all is well.

JAH onelove

Reaction score
my 2017 is currently at dealership for the past 3 weeks, they replace the transmission.
them the check engine light came on. They told me it needed a new computer, order new computer, them they told me they having problems programming the truck. contact them today told they need to replace some celluloid on the transmission they order the part today.