How many miles per tank are you getting on your Gen3 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are you getting 22mpg? Lol
How…you ask? I think @catinthehat85 explained it best below except my threshold is slightly higher @ roughly 60. This is Mon. - Fri. for me...to/from work, mostly hwy miles.
I'll never try this again with my gen 3, but on my gen 2 I squeezed out 25 mpg over 2 weeks and 500 miles of driving, combination of city and highway driving. The secret? NEVER over 50mph, and if you even think you hear your exhaust you are accelerating too fast. I tried it once just to see what was possible, but the drives were so long and slow it was a one and done type of experiment.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 truck here. When I deliberately baby it to see what MPG I can get it will get into the high 500s. 585mi on a full tank. Haven't seen the full 600 on the meter, but close. Actually driving like I normally would, it's more like 500mi on a tank. I've been able to get mixed driving tanks over 18mpg average (truck's measurement) when I baby it. More like 16mpg when I drive normally. I've also calculated it for a few tanks and the truck reads about 1mpg higher than reality. That makes sense because you need to get 16.67mpg real-world, or about 17.8mpg on the gauge to reach 600 miles on a tank (and that's using every drop, and it doesn't calculate that way).

ray0409

Reaction score
I once got 596 miles with only 6 miles to empty (on highway). And the fill-up was 34.5 gallons. The fuel was shell vpower.

High maintenance Rap

Reaction score
Hello , I’m not a guru on this gas topic. The only thing I noticed is that whe gas was $6 and now $450 gallon my dashboard reading is always the same , $11 avg driving city

I have 37s stock and 17s wheels aftermarket, my driving has not changed from the two different gas prices, I’m confused why it’s reading the same?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello , I’m not a guru on this gas topic. The only thing I noticed is that whe gas was $6 and now $450 gallon my dashboard reading is always the same , $11 avg driving city

I have 37s stock and 17s wheels aftermarket, my driving has not changed from the two different gas prices, I’m confused why it’s reading the same?
So gas went up 444 buck in your area, lol! I get what you’re saying. Calculate by hand to get a more accurate read out of your mpg…when you fill up, divide your dte say 596 by 36 and you’ll find you’re averaging 16.5 mpg.