How many miles can I expect to get from a 2018 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rraya10

Reaction score
So I am looking at buying a used Gen 2 Raptor. The gen 3 would just be too pricey right now with the way things are and a gen 2 looks better in my opinion. But I dont know what would be considered "high mileage" for a gen 2 Raptor since I have never owned one. I found one that is a 2018 with 85000 miles on it. Is this too high?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So I am looking at buying a used Gen 2 Raptor. The gen 3 would just be too pricey right now with the way things are and a gen 2 looks better in my opinion. But I dont know what would be considered "high mileage" for a gen 2 Raptor since I have never owned one. I found one that is a 2018 with 85000 miles on it. Is this too high?

I have an '18 with a few more miles than that. Still love it, nothing I'd rather have, but maybe the '22 I ordered last month. If the '22 is vaporware and never shows up, I will put an order in on a '23 and keep driving the '18.

And that mileage is not too high. Just get it checked out.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage on a Ford ecoboost engine won't be the issue. It would be better to know what kind of 85,000 miles it saw - hard off-road and jumping, all street - and what the maintenance record for it looked like.

Face value on a 2018 with that many miles (assuming all normal driving and good maintenance), should get you a lot more use still.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably consider a deep dive (rebuild) into the engine every 100k miles.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stop posting bullsh*t. These engines don't need a rebuild at 100K miles; that's a baseless and ridiculous statement. Properly maintained engines go hundreds of thousands of miles without needing any internal repairs.

It's pretty pathetic that you've been banned so many times and continue to come back under a new IP.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and why is that? These engines have gone on to over 200,000 miles documented already on this forum without issue, with proper oil changes. If you have money to waste on rebuilding an engine every 100k, why not just buy a Raptor for every day of the week?

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real life
After about 250,000 miles or so a well maintained engine will start to show Wear with
Increased oil consumption
Rings - valves - seals pistol slap
Etc. still running but loose
Mileage was 267,*** colored it gone
Trans still fine rear fine

Note: ISAID WELL MAINTAINED
otherwise good luck it’s on you
Just my experiences imho
Turbos seem to go at about 175,000 mine was blowing oil