How many build date changes have you had?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazercat

Reaction score
This has probably been discussed several times but here goes.. First e mail from Ford stating build date is May 2nd. E mailed again later that day with updated build date of April 11th. E mailed following week stating build date is May 2nd. Now told build date is May 9th.
Pease share how many times this has happened before your trucks actually got built.

Reaction score
First email 2/10 with production date 3/28
Then 7 pushbacks since then. Each about a week or so back.
Last one for May 16.
They’re becoming so frequent I’d rather just not get updated anymore.

OP
OP
Tazercat

Tazercat

Reaction score
First email 2/10 with production date 3/28
Then 7 pushbacks since then. Each about a week or so back.
Last one for May 16.
They’re becoming so frequent I’d rather just not get updated anymore.
That's what I'm afraid of. As of this moment they are saying May 9th but I'm sure it will change. I can drag my current lease out until the beginning of September but I sure don't want to extend it after that.
BTW.. Did you order a 35 or 37?

Reaction score
That's what I'm afraid of. As of this moment they are saying May 9th but I'm sure it will change. I can drag my current lease out until the beginning of September but I sure don't want to extend it after that.
BTW.. Did you order a 35 or 37?
Hopefully no more changes. It’s a 35.

OP
OP
Tazercat

Tazercat

Reaction score
5 changes in less than a month! FORD, just stop sending me e mails!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my ninth reschedule build date today. Including the original build date it makes ten total. I just ignore them. Ford is looking pretty foolish at this point.
Oh, and for statistics, its a 35, loaded 801A with bedliner. Ordered on 11/01/21.
Paying sticker price,,, well, if it's ever actually built.

Last edited:

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered an Explorer ST on 4/4, received an email on Monday it was scheduled for build on May 19th and received another one this Friday that it was now scheduled for May 2nd.

2022 XL company vehicle ordered on 1/7 not scheduled.
2022 Raptor 800A ordered on 1/20 not scheduled. (allocated order)
2022 Expedition Platinum ordered on 2/15 not scheduled.

I love that my wife orders triple black on every vehicle (ST, Expedition) she wants said with extreme sarcasm.

OP
OP
Tazercat

Tazercat

Reaction score
Just received my ninth reschedule build date today. Including the original build date it makes ten total. I just ignore them. Ford is looking pretty foolish at this point.
Oh, and for statistics, its a 35, loaded 801A with bedliner. Ordered on 11/01/21.
Paying sticker price,,, well, if it's ever actually built.
Similar here on the order.. Oxford White 35, 801A, roof/liftgate, bedliner, auto start/stop delete at MSRP..I think i'm up to 6 dates so far.. On the other hand I ordered a Sierra Denali (if I dare say that on this forum..lol) on 1/24/22 and it just showed up at the dealer on Friday. Very smooth build and update process, however, before went to see it yesterday my saleseman called me and told me it got wrecked in transport. I hope I have better luck with the Raptor.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems that the transportation services in recent years have been a bit lacking. I keep hearing stories about vehicles being damaged or even totaled during shipping. My last Raptor, a 2019 arrived with a softball sized dent in the passenger side quarter panel and broken fender flare. Fortunately, the dealership was able to have it PDR'ed (paintless dent repair) and was flawless when finished with a new fender flare. Good luck Bro with your new truck.

Here's a little humor from Ronald Reagan that has become surprisingly apropos: