How many being built?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It better not be a limited production.
I am pretty sure the 2394 is correct number. Ford site says just under 3000 current Ford dealerships. Few dealerships i know management/owners were told 2-6 R allocations. Dealer getting 6, has had #1 #2 allocation being scheduled. I will be number 3 of 6.

I trust that to be true unless Ford has dialed it back but doubt it. 500 would never pay cost of all engineering to do it all.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No there weren't. Why do people keep quoting this number? The guy says in the very next post that he made the number up

If you figure 5% of the gen2 production being scabs, it'd be 6000 or so scabs total.
Believe they built 30 K a year= 1 500

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making it limited production makes no sense. Why wouldn’t you churn out as many as you can and make more profit vs an XLT.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making it limited production makes no sense. Why wouldn’t you churn out as many as you can and make more profit vs an XLT.
They cannot even get heated steering wheels is these things. I think we will lucky to see that 2400, unless a year is added to production. FOX is slammed, the tires have been an issue at times, many other things. Not sure on the math but they probably have to sell 20 lightnings for every Raptor R to make the EPA happy also. The engines are hand built, not sure what extent that is. I am pretty sure that is a bottleneck trying to get people to even work and produce anything quality these days. Next thing you know there will be a disaster at the Recaro factory and they will only have some blue material left for seats.

raptorpath

Reaction score
Can somebody kindly summarize this thread in no uncertain terms how everyone is getting to this ~2400 R’s being built number? Is this total? Per year?

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engines are hand built, not sure what extent that is.
I think that’s the biggest impediment to really competing with the TRX. The Hellcat motor is not hand built, and therefore much easier to churn out in large numbers.

But that’s Ford’s problem, since they went all in on the Ecoboost many years ago now. Although I’m not sure how much they care about the Raptor to be honest. The volume selling F-150/250/350 are where their real numbers are.

06viper

Reaction score
This generation of F150s only has one more year left of production if history repeats, changes every 4 years. Look how slow it’s taking Ford to make regular Gen 3 Raptors. There is no way they will be able to build 2,500 units for 2023 at their current pace. I’d suspect a lot of 2023 orders don’t make it to production this year and get pushed to the 2024 model year. And just like Ford is doing with Broncos, they aren’t even allowing new customer orders on them because they are still trying to catch up on orders that were placed dating back to 2020! I would suspect it will be the same thing for the R. They will be trying to catch up on 2023 orders and potentially not allow new 2024 orders. this is all just speculation of course, but based on how Ford is making vehicles now, I don’t see why anything would change all of a sudden!

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This generation of F150s only has one more year left of production if history repeats, changes every 4 years. Look how slow it’s taking Ford to make regular Gen 3 Raptors. There is no way they will be able to build 2,500 units for 2023 at their current pace. I’d suspect a lot of 2023 orders don’t make it to production this year and get pushed to the 2024 model year. And just like Ford is doing with Broncos, they aren’t even allowing new customer orders on them because they are still trying to catch up on orders that were placed dating back to 2020! I would suspect it will be the same thing for the R. They will be trying to catch up on 2023 orders and potentially not allow new 2024 orders. this is all just speculation of course, but based on how Ford is making vehicles now, I don’t see why anything would change all of a sudden!
They aren’t having issues “building” the trucks. There are lots with 45k or more vehicles on them waiting to be completed and ship.

They are having issues completing the trucks.