How loud are the Grabber X3s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the original Red Letter Grabbers on my Gen 1 and I am considering the black sidewall Grabber X3s for my Gen 2. Can someone who has them compare how loud they are when driving on the highway vs the BGF OEM or Toyo MTs?

Here they are on an ADD bumper Gen 2.

Attachments

• Grabbers X3.jpg
    Grabbers X3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 94

nathin93

Reaction score
I upgraded fro the originals to the X3's a couple weeks ago. I love them. They're quieter than the Toyo MT's I've had before but they aren't as quiet as the originals were. I barely notice them, my exhaust is too loud.

Side note, if you're getting generals, you gotta get the red letters! They're just too sexy

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Side note, if you're getting generals, you gotta get the red letters! They're just too sexy

My Gen 1 is black, so I agree they looked great on a blacked out Raptor! However, I went with Magnetic on my Gen 2, so I am not so sure they will look as good with that color.

I am looking at the Fuel Trophy's which are black with a gray ring to give the tires/wheels a little pop. Plus, I heard the gray ring almost matches the Magnetic color perfectly...

http://www.fueloffroad.com/trophy-d551-w-7954.htm

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m running X3’s and IMO they are on the quiet side for a fairly aggressive tread. They do better on wet pavement than the old grabbers did too.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to x3s 3 weeks ago and have been very happy with them so far. They do not seem loud at all as compared to original ko and ko2s I last ran for 2.5 years. Of course I did just take off my winters which were studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT2 so that might also be why they sound quieter. They are a lot better for traction on wet pavement compared to the original ko tires. I go out in less then 2 weeks to try them out off road so will see how they do then. Another member (scarrjack) switched to them last year and was very impressed with them on wet pavement, dirt, gravel and mud/clay areas we went on.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have used the X3's on our Raptors and Tow Pigs. Just like other tires, if you keep up with rotation they are pretty quiet for a "MT" classification. We have also gotten 50k miles plus on the tires we havent absolutely abused! We have installed them on a bunch of customers trucks with great success as well. Hope this helps.
Edited-0440.jpg
Edited-0614.jpg untitled-0264.jpg untitled-0716.jpg

Last edited: