How long does an order take???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ordered a SCREW and shouldn't take as long as 5 months and 14 days, which I waited for a SCAB to be built and delivered. Like someone mentioned before, Search for a SCREW, they are more common. Saw two SCREWS sitting on two different dealer lots in Arizona in less than a week.

I ran into my Raptor salesman at breakfast on Friday and to make a long story short there is a dealer in Phoenix who has 5 on their lot.

OP
OP
J

jrz5072

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to the dealer today and expressed my concerns. They said if it doesn't come in by the date promised then we would work something out. Hope I don't have to find out what that means. I did look around locally for one, and found one on a dealers lot. They told me I'd have to pay sticker price or nothing. Did some checking around and that seems to be the norm around here if the dealers even have one. The dealer that ordered mine was the only one willing to work with me. Also, I'm really particular; I figure if I'm spending 50k on a truck its gonna be exactly what I want.

I'd love to take a road trip to get one but I'm finishing up college this semester and with planning to move I've got too much going on right now. Oh well, it looks the old 96' K1500 may have to make one last trip out west. Almost had her sold on friday, glad I decided to wait.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I didn't have to put down a deposit, so I'm not too worried about it. I guess if it's not there by the 1st I'll offer to come back and pick it up, at their expense of course. If not, I'm sure a dealer in Oklahoma would be more than happy to sell me one.

Uhuh..........let me know how that discussion goes :buttkick:

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is going to be a long wait. I ordered on feb 18 and i have not recieve any news about my truck yet. I regret my factory order. I think is goung to be a 5 month wait time on my factory order. If you are an impatient person i recommend you to you to buy it in stocks at the dealer.

hunterjah

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who actually wants a longer wait...I'm placing my order this week, but my MB lease isn't up until end of September. Trying to play the timing right, figure placing an order this month or next would put me around end of Sept. so I don't have yet a fourth car setting in my driveway!

larson

Reaction score
I ordered my 2013 SCREW on the 20th of March. I told the dealer here in PA that I had to have it before June 1st because I'm moving to OK that weekend. Just wondering if you think it will actually be here before then? I was upfront with the dealer and explained the situation and they said no problem, 6-8 weeks. I was reading about some others having to wait a lot longer and I'm getting nervous. I was planning on using this truck to move!

Any opinions?

my raptor took 12 weeks H.B Calif. They told me when you get a date (not given by dealers) to go on the production line thats when the realistic clock starts.it took me 8 weeks to get that date:grd:

frunko1

Reaction score
I am talking to dealers in va , md, and de about raptors. I know of 2 that will work on price and have good stock (3 or more screw). I dont know how deep yet though, havent gotten that far.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They stopped production of the Raptor for a month when I placed my order making the wait nearly 3 months. But that was years ago. Anyhow, it generally takes 6-8 weeks. If you happen to move before it's delivered, the Raptor does really well on road trips.