How Long Can/Will Your Gen1 Last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pic Vegascarnut. I have that video saved. To me, nothing Beats an American V8. I know the Gen2 have more stock Power but it doesn't take much cash for the 6.2L to pass it up and in large margins. Plus the V8 will always be a work horse and instantly gives Power

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '84 Ranger I got from my uncle with over 300K on it. Sure the heat sucks and leaks rain water into the cab like all Gen1 Rangers, but it still starts and runs amazing. Most often it is my daily in summer months. I want to keep miles down on my Raptor and I don't drive the '84 or the Raptor in the winter. Salt in NY will kill a vehicle quicker than anything mechanical. I have a 19 Ranger as my winter rat and around town beater. (which honestly I really really like the new Ranger more than I ever thought. Waiting to see if a Raptor Ranger will be released with the Ford pickup fleet overhaul coming next year. If not I will buy a new one and build it to a mini raptor).

All that said I intend on keep my Gen1 I bought new in '13 until I die. I will reupholster seats, rebuild the motor if need be or whatever I have to, to keep it running and like new. If my 36 year old Ranger is any indication, with standard maintenance and some TLC it should last me to will it to my son. I love my Gen1. I will keep it alive as long as I can. I may buy a Gen3 if I like it enough or a Ranger Raptor. Either way the Gen1 Raptor is staying no matter what.
20191103_115052.jpg 20191103_114708.jpg

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome family. I just leased a 2019 Ranger a couple months ago and took my Raptor off the road after almost 7 years and 84k. I couldn’t bear to see her through another NY winter and it needs new shocks, brakes etc. an overhaul anyhow, and is going under the knife in the spring. And I will never sell it.

Going to the Ranger as a daily from a Raptor is a nice change up for me lol. I’m going to tune and level it, maybe some tires etc it’s an awesome little truck.

My cousin has an 84’ Bronco II same color just like yours, he’s the original owner and it’s been sitting in his driveway for years, says he’s going to restore it one day but you know how that goes. If and when I get my hands on it, it will have a 302 dropped in ha.

bb5f39140c64c9d71dd977748fe0b9aa.jpg

a2f1b117af7a7ce6ecaa4d7ad5c16ead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk