How is Ford going to deliver on the Gen 3 Raptor with this chip shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They’re not....they’re pushing off delivery of the aluminum I sold em sooooooo...yeah not looking good

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who want to buy a truck who was sitting outside and add later the chips?
how good is going to be for longevity of a brand new truck and a new model?

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
who want to buy a truck who was sitting outside and add later the chips?
how good is going to be for longevity of a brand new truck and a new model?

Do they really sit outside? I guess they'd have to, but yeah, that makes me hesitate about ordering, too.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why Ford was so obsessed with getting a 21 Raptor out when Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors followed one and two years after the new F-150’s came out.

Is answering Fiat’s TRX in the same year that important?

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 was built in June, 2019 and I bought it in April 2020 with 10 miles on the odometer. It sat outside through an entire northern winter. The battery was dead when they were going to start it for me. They replaced the battery at my request, and after they cleaned it up and the service department checked it over there was no sign it sat that long.

I don't think there is any long term effect of the new trucks sitting there for a few months, but I do think it is a pretty good indicator that Raptors won't be available as early as many are wishing.

Besides, it gives Ford time to revise the interior for the 37 package!...lol

Thread 'Raptor Recaro Opinion Poll' https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/raptor-recaro-opinion-poll.83360/

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Yea, I hear trucks that sit outside decay and fall apart much quicker than garage queens.... :rolleyes:

That's for a finished product, with closed systems. Who's to say what the unfinished trucks look like, and in what state they're stored?

I agree with you, it will "probably" be okay. Still, for me it's psychological... I'd have a tough time looking at satellite imagery of my unfinished truck that I'm about to plunk $85k on sitting in a lot for months.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I don’t understand why Ford was so obsessed with getting a 21 Raptor out when Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors followed one and two years after the new F-150’s came out.

Without a doubt. Every TRX sold is a potential lost customer for Ford, and right now, RAM can't make TRXs fast enough.

Considering how long the Gen 3 has supposedly been in development, they should have had it ready to go even sooner.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ford probably realizes they'll have buyers lined up for everyone they produce this year and most of next year. Plus I'm sure they hate to see future Raptor buyers heading over to the competition to buy a TRX. I wonder if Ford would even build a Raptor R if the TRX was never produced.