How important is the torsen front diff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
torsen diff standard on 802. optional on 800 & 801.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much the lack of a torsen diff is made up by traction control. I ordered my 800a with a torsen diff. I don't off-road that much yet, but I have gone on a few runs where other (non raptors) had trouble or could not climb and I made it without wheel spin. This truck in awesome!

It can be added, but new expect to be under 2K, used less than 1K.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I watched my two front tires throw mud to pull me out of a mud hole... sure beat asking my buddies wrangler to pull me out.

Reaction score
I don't know how much the lack of a torsen diff is made up by traction control. I ordered my 800a with a torsen diff. I don't off-road that much yet, but I have gone on a few runs where other (non raptors) had trouble or could not climb and I made it without wheel spin. This truck in awesome!

It can be added, but new expect to be under 2K, used less than 1K.

Awesome I just ordered a 2020 Screw 800A with the torsen front diff. Did your dealer give information about tracking the build process? Just wonder because mine has not given me any sort of offical confirmation from ford yet although I put money down

Bluto

Reaction score
Do all the 2017 and newer 802As have them? Or were they introduced at some point later than 2017?