How I got my price protected despite having a stock order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruin1md

Reaction score
Just a follow up to my previous posts: first off, shout out to: 98rangerdave, who gave me some emails to send my complaint to.
The CEO has no email that allows for direct customer contact it would appear, but one of the other 2 emails made their way to someone at Ford Corporate. They then reached out to my dealer and spoke to the GM apparently. That in turn led to the GM calling me and saying not to worry, that the dealership would honor the original price despite the fact that I had a stock order and not a retail order. At the time, I thought the GM was doing this independently, but it turns out Ford Corporate contacted him, and that in turn led to the resolution on this issue. I only know this b/c Ford corporate later called me asking if a resolution had been reached/if the dealer had contacted me.
I won't rehash the details from previous posts as to my issues with the dealership not explaining to me the differences between a stock and retail order when I placed the order back in December, but suffice it to say, Ford corporate took responsibility and did right by its customer.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CEO has no email that allows for direct customer contact it would appear, but one of the other 2 emails made their way to someone at Ford Corporate.
Do you have any written info from Ford stating that they should price protect orders if placed before 2/14? I have been trying for a couple of weeks now to get written proof that I can take to the dealer. :/

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just got a call from the GM who seemed pretty upset and he told me "apparently you got in contact with someone at Ford Corporate and it has caused a lot of trouble. This was a really good deal and from my understanding there was no price protection. I will put the price on hold and call you when I get clarification." I said that's all i'm looking for thank you. I was sending 2 emails a day to those addresses and I got a call within 3 days.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When your truck arrives and you are ready to sign paperwork the dealership will input the VIN into their Smart Vincent system to see if your vehicle is price protected.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case there was no input your VIN, it was a flat out no and I dont know why since my DORA says retail and my sticker says special order.