How high does your oem rear end sit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunterM925

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2018 and from what I know it’s all stock. After looking through many threads and seeing what other people are getting I feel mine is too high in the rear to be stock. Currently measures 42 3/4. Front is 40. Got a rpg level on the way but still feel the rear is pretty high. Also doesn’t have a Bed liner but I don’t think that would weigh enough to really make a difference.

1FCE6A88-3DAD-4E2B-9F16-A1F4AA66FAAF.jpeg

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, leafs almost completely flat without any load - looks stock to me.
Says a lot about the design of the rear suspension.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pop in some Eibach springs up front and call it good! Should level it nicely and maintain (some even same improve) ride. Should make it pretty level unless you like the rake.

You can check out the thread on Eibachs near the top of the list in suspension..though it did go down a couple dozen rabbit holes.

lkmcfee

Reaction score
I added a set of RPG +2” rear leaf shackles and combined with my front shocks at mid perch my Gen 1 is sitting really nice. The extra length shackles lower the rear of the truck an inch.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is about how my 2018 looked when I bought it. Yours might be slightly higher. As others have said, go with a Geiser or Eibach spring up front and it will probably be level. If not, you can add a Deaver +3 to push the rear up by 1 inch. The +3 removes the 2” factory block and gets rid of axle wrap, as well.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fenders on my 20 are 40.75 in the front and 42.25 in the rear.

I like that amount of rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2018 and from what I know it’s all stock. After looking through many threads and seeing what other people are getting I feel mine is too high in the rear to be stock. Currently measures 42 3/4. Front is 40. Got a rpg level on the way but still feel the rear is pretty high. Also doesn’t have a Bed liner but I don’t think that would weigh enough to really make a difference.

View attachment 140610

How many miles you have? 42k on my '18, and have carried about 150lbs of work stuff and a hard folding cover, the entire time. I measured mine a while back, rear is exactly 1" higher than the front, all stock. I like it.

Also, your driveway appears to have a slope, try measuring on level ground. Probably not much of a difference, but who knows.