How hard to remove the exterior graphics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for glue residue:

1. Take off your headphones and flat brim hat so they don't fall off your head and on the raptor
2. Apply Goof Off and most importantly WAIT. Let it do its job for 60 seconds
3. Gently rub off with a microfiber towel
4. Now you can put your big headphones back on and look the other way

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I had dealer remove them on my 2020--I hated them. Get them to do it in case they screw something up.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for glue residue:

1. Take off your headphones and flat brim hat so they don't fall off your head and on the raptor
2. Apply Goof Off and most importantly WAIT. Let it do its job for 60 seconds
3. Gently rub off with a microfiber towel
4. Now you can put your big headphones back on and look the other way
Is Bee Bopping aloud while the residue is being dissolved? This whole procedure sounds very critical.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is Bee Bopping aloud while the residue is being dissolved? This whole procedure sounds very critical.

Bee bop with your inside voice.

Somehow, I managed to do the job without owning a pair of big headphones and flat brim hat. Guess I got lucky.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hair dryer works well- usually shouldn’t get hot enough to cause issues w/ paint. As for the residue left behind- forget goo gone, get some 3M adhesive remover- it’s INSANE how well this stuff works, it’s near instantaneous & sticky residue nearly “disappears” - alcohol in it for sure will remove any wax/coatings on the paint will want to wax/buff after removal obviously.

lastly FWIW I had the dealer remove the bedside graphics when I initially got my 2018 Raptor b/c I like a cleaner look typically….but the nature of the Raotor is pretty “loud” to begin w/ so consider they may grow on you, & while I opted to go w/ a “bare” 2020 w/o factory graphics I ended up adding a few things from Rappy graphics just to spice up the lead foot a bit.

Looking back on it if I were to custom order a truck & could opt out of the graphics w/ reduction in MSRP I would, but if I was buying off the lot again that happened to have decals I wouldn’t simply b/c I’d be paying $1000s for something I took off & cant re-sell, but if buying a truck w/ a package that included graphics that simply came along w/ other stuff I wanted (which I think is the case w/ the 37”
Package I would def order on a Gen3) I wouldn’t have an issue removing if I didn’t like b/c I didn’t pay for them “a la carte” so to speak

all that being said- the Baja trail map graphics are cool imho