How hard to remove the exterior graphics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FitzyGoesOffroad
Reaction score
Well, wife said she hates blue, so I have to hate the blue now, so it's a fairly moot point.

Still going to consider it if it arrives and isn't already sold (highly doubtful since it's already on their site), but in all likelihood I'll just sack up and be patient for another couple of months to get my gorgeous Agate that I wanted anyway.

Thanks for the advice all!

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, wife said she hates blue, so I have to hate the blue now, so it's a fairly moot point.

Still going to consider it if it arrives and isn't already sold (highly doubtful since it's already on their site), but in all likelihood I'll just sack up and be patient for another couple of months to get my gorgeous Agate that I wanted anyway.

Thanks for the advice all!
My wife actually picked out the blue and I went with it due to it's current rarity. Then I called the dealer and said change it to LFG and I don't care if alot of people have it. I think for me it's a Navy thing. After 20 years and 10 years on Sea Duty why the hell not.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A hair dryer is the wrong tool. A heat gun from HF is like $10 and will get hotter so you can do the job proper without leaving any glue. I'd make it a two sets of hands on this one so you don't have to put hash chemicals on your new vehicle if you leave glue. Hair dryer works too for sure.

RussS

Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with using hairdryer….I did just that, along with my finger nails and some goo gone to remove a little residue. Don’t peel away too fast. It’s a easy job and your truck will look a hundred times better after…

sheaffer2021

Reaction score
So my dealer listed their dealer order Raptor on their website (status: dealer ordered). I'm thinking (hoping) it might come in a couple of months ahead of my custom ordered one (October 11th build week).

The only differences between theirs and mine are: color (theirs antimatter, mine agate; antimatter is growing on me though), no tonneau cover or bedliner (easy aftermarket additions), and the damned graphics package.

I cannot STAND the orange graphics (though I'll at least wait to see it in person before shaming Ford into submission).

My question: if I were to pick up the dealer order Raptor instead of waiting for mine, how hard is it to REMOVE the graphics from the truck cleanly? Should your average paint and body shop be able to tackle it? Planning to get it PPF'ed/paint corrected anyway, so maybe it can all be done at once?

Thanks all!
Just peeled mine off. Did it in sun with finger nail. Came off clean. No heat. It will leave glue on truck. Little bit of wax took residual glue off

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all crack me up. A hair dryer is literally a heat gun. You are all saying the same thing, but arguing over which tool to use, a hair dryer with a couple of settings, or a heat gun with more heat levels. Plenty of people have removed decals with hair dryers, plenty with heat guns.

Take your time, get the decal good and hot, peel away slowly, don't use stuff that will mess up your clear coat to remove the remaining glue.

Even better, save some $$$ and don't pay for decals that you will have to remove later.

Spider Jeff

Reaction score
The dealer should remove the graphics for free at delivery, I have done that on several new Ford trucks. I ordered my 21 Raptor (has been built and already shipped) with factory graphic/rear tailgate emblem deleted. Have done myself with hair dryer as well….