how hard is it to remove the grille to install lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to install an emergency light bar on my 17 raptor as im a volunteer fire fighter. Ive watched a few videos online but im a little worried with all of the work that goes into removing the grille and shutter.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my FMIC I had to remove the grille and shutters. It wasn’t bad and you can look up install videos on YouTube for the FMIC which should walk you through the grille removal

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’ve never done it, it can look intimidating, but it’s not. 1st time took me... 75minutes? maybe more, because I was watching youtube, working, repeating until ready to pull the grille.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/upgraded-from-cheap-amazon-led-to-s8-behind-the-grill.66719/

this last time I put myself on the clock and had the grille out in under 30 minutes. If you are working with a kit, it will go quicker, if you have to fabricate, it’s all up to you. I think I’ve had the grille out 4 or 5 times now and once you’ve done it or seen it, then it becomes less intimidating.

Have a look through the links, and youtube and you’ll see how easy it is.

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know thanks I’m gonna give it a shot tomorrow