how good are alcon brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dozer466

Reaction score
I have the Alcon brakes front and rear, I think they work really well. I’m on 37’s and have no issues slowing the truck down. They have also done very well when heated up, fade is not noticeable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We just got a few more Alcon kits in stock and have special pricing going on!

Shoot me a message and let me know if we can help get you set up!

Brian H

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals-new to the forum. Just a quick note on the Alcon’s. Fitment on stock 17” raptor wheels no issue-has a 5mm spacer. Tie rod is necessary. I have them on an F150 with 17” Raptor wheels and there is no fade. Will not work with electric parking brake-yet. Roush loves them so much that they will come standard on their Raptors moving forward. They are epic and no fade stop after stop. They are iron calipers-aluminum ones will crap out quicker and fade. Friend put R1 then Baer and both were crap for the weight of the trucks. Alcon specifically makes the calipers for the truck-they are not adapted from car stuff. Alcon is the choice of 90%of desert trucks racing today.

92D690B1-9BBB-41F3-B7EA-88D59BEF849B.jpeg

Nick9323

Reaction score
The performance is outstanding. We have a set going on our Gen 2 shop truck very soon.

The kit does fit the Gen 1, but we do not have exact data on it. That being said, on a prepped surface with 39" BFG Projects, the Deserti Raptor stopped from 60-0 in 90 feet.

Here's the video on our company Facebook page: @BlueGoliath96 - Yes, you can purchase the rotors and pads down the road at anytime from an authorized Alcon vendor. That said, the pad/rotor material is different and is designed to last significantly longer than typical OEM pads.

And, your Readylift Tie Rods should work with the new setup! Please reach out if you have any questions or if we can help get you setup!

Thanks!

Nick
Are there other rotors that work with this kit? The performance seems great, $1100 each axle brake job seems steep, even coming from high performance cars that are usually $250-350 a corner.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are there other rotors that work with this kit? The performance seems great, $1100 each axle brake job seems steep, even coming from high performance cars that are usually $250-350 a corner.

The rotors are sold as an axle set. Front pair is $836, rear pair is $703. That said, the brake jobs are also not as frequent. We've only sold a handful of pad kits compared to the number of full brake kits we've sold. We've got a customer with 45k miles on his brakes and still using the rotors/pads that came with his kit.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, any long term reviews for Gen1? Install headaches?
Installation is a breeze. Only thing that will take some figuring out is whether or not you'll need to use the shims to center the rotor in the caliper. And on the Gen 1, you'll need aftermarket tie rods or tie rod ends with Heim joints for clearance. Other than that, it's a regular brake job.

We've had guys running these for years without issue. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions. We have front and rear kits in stock and ready to ship.