How fast are you driving these days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not driving a lot lately but you can pretty much ignore the speed limit in rural areas. No cops around. I normally lean pretty heavily on my radar detector as it is.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slower than usual.
Due to anxiety, people in general are driving more recklessly than usual.
I've seen more aggressive driving than usual.
I blame it on Covid-19. Unusual.

I feel it myself, somewhat distracted while driving.
Not a good time to need an emergency room!
Slow down, stay safe.
Took the battery out of my motorcycle until the madness is over.
Wash your hands!

lol . . . nah

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive 5 over, set the cruise and...... cruise.

I see the assbags weaving through 3-5 lanes at 100+, all fun and games till they stack it up, then it’s a ride to the hospital, and guess what else is there..... potentially covid-19, that will make for some fun times.

Hate to rain on anyone’s parade, but there is no need to play on the highway and put you or others at risk, this is serious, people are dying from this, and if your not essential, why are you on the road?

Hatemail in 3,2,1......

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I see the assbags weaving through 3-5 lanes at 100+, all fun and games till they stack it up, then it’s a ride to the hospital, and guess what else is there..... potentially covid-19, that will make for some fun times.

Hate to rain on anyone’s parade, but there is no need to play on the highway and put you or others at risk, this is serious, people are dying from this, and if your not essential, why are you on the road?

Hatemail in 3,2,1......

Oh Jesus . . . I'll bite. It's highway wardens such as yourself doing 5 mph above the speed limit in the left lane that cause more issues than anyone speeding. Now do us all a favor and leave your keys with your balls in your wife's purse and stay home.

xcartelx

Reaction score
Slower. I haven't been on a freeway in over a month, and where I live there are so many people walking and riding bikes around that it makes sense to drive a few under the limit, and consequently creates a far more inviting, safe environment for my family and I. That said, the Raptor is mostly parked for now and I'm doing my grocery store runs on my bicycle.

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep catching myself driving around like "28 days later" and eying around the corners for zombies... Had a cop pull up and pace me the other day, rolled his window down and we talked a bit, then he turned off... (hi there..., hey, how ya doing today?..., pretty good how about you?.... Yeah, pretty good. Where ya going today?.... Doesn't matter .I ain't holding up traffic am I?..... . Nah, and if you run into something at this speed you probably won't notice anyway... stay safe man.. you too...nice beard.... Thanks! Stay safe yourself! cheers) I had the old lady on speaker phone and I thought she was gonna laugh herself to death after he left! He was literally the only other rig out there.... plus I'm getting REALLY good mileage! :-D. It's so weird though... nothing but the homeless freaks

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hatemail in 3,2,1......

I'll avoid hating but will say it's well established that speed limits in use today are extremely dated for modern vehicles, and higher speed limits don't correlate with higher accident rates. I agree weaving through lanes is reckless, but speeding on its own isn't. Here in NH where people actually understand how to drive, and know they have no right to be in the left lane unless they're passing, zipping along is not dangerous. Just be alert.