How DSC Works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of the DSC's this past weekend. I still need to find a qualified Fox shock technician in the Portland, OR area to help install the kit. I've got a good lead from Ben and I'll report back after they are installed and I've had some time to tweak the settings.

I already have the QAB's on the rear shocks and, so far, they have exceeded my expectations. Living in the PNW, traction in wet, muddy and snowy conditions is a priority. The QAB's let me soften up the rears, which helped mitigate the prominent over-steer tendency the 3" shock equipped trucks have. The current settings are not ideal for hard charging, big bump conditions, as I expect the shocks would suffer from packing pretty quickly. Over the July 4th weekend, I'll work on some stiffer settings that will be more appropriate to those conditions.

Current settings are: zone 1 compression - 18, zone 2 compression - 15 and rebound is set to 22.

For the QAB's, zero is the hardest setting (maximum spring tension on the tappets) and roughly 32 is the softest (minimal spring tension on the tappets).

Last edited:

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yo Fox, are there adaptors fittings to replace the 3.0 extenal bypass shock resivor with a DSC resivor? Or would the old port need plugged and drill and tap for top end fluid transfer control?:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
FOX

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yo Fox, are there adaptors fittings to replace the 3.0 extenal bypass shock resivor with a DSC resivor? Or would the old port need plugged and drill and tap for top end fluid transfer control?:ROFLJest:

You wouldn't run a DSC adjuster on an External Bypass shock. All the adjustment for an external bypass shock is done independently with the compression and rebound tubes.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FOX what does zone 1 -18, zone 2 -15 and QAB 32 mean? From which pisition? From - to + or from + to -

What is open, what is closed, what is -, what is compression zone 1 and 2?