How do you remove this connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr G

Reaction score
I was changing the oil on my 2013 SuperCab today, for the first time. I did not have the right funnel to add the new oil and ended up spilling some on the valve cover. As I was cleaning the mess, I noticed some oil around the electrical connector, just in front of the oil filler at the front of the passenger valve cover.

I thought it would be easier to clean the area if I just popped the connector off. But for the life of me I could not figure out how it came off.

Does anyone know how to remove this electrical connector? Squeeze? Pop something loose first? Pull?

I don't want to damage it.

Thank you.

Oh, and if anyone knows what this sensor does I am curious.

connector-X2.jpg

OP
OP
Dr G

Dr G

Reaction score
Doing some research I believe this to be a cam sensor.

Still not figured out how to remove the connector. Someone who has removed and replaced the valve covers must have run across this. Anyone?

Thanks

OP
OP
Dr G

Dr G

Reaction score
Ok, I got it off. The connector is a "squeezer". But I still had to pry up on it slightly to get it to come off. It was on there very tightly. I am always careful with this type of thing. If I had damaged the connector the truck would be non-functional, as this actually goes to the VCT mechanism that varies the cam timing.