How do you guys like the ride of a 2019 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's a good description. I just don't feel the confidence I should driving it like I did with my '14. It's jittery and seems to want to drift into the other lane at times. I just lowered tire pressure to 35 all around. I'll see how it feels tomorrow. Seems like tire pressure varies by up to 3 pounds with this crazy NE weather. I had it at 38 but when I checked today it was back up to 41!
It’s those lugs doing their thing. Try a 4 psi front to rear difference. More in the front, less in the rear.

I once test drove a Tesla Model S. It cornered really well on pavement :)

Pipo6007

Reaction score
So I test drove the raptor yesterday and felt what you guys are talking about. I had high expectations for 65K sticker truck with 475hp and 510lbs of torque. It just didn’t feel tight when making turns and moving the steering wheel around. I know the soft suspension has a lot to do with it but does the ride get any better as time passes? I now have second thoughts about spending that coin on a raptor. Thought it was the one I wanted but seems like it didn’t do it for me.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I test drove the raptor yesterday and felt what you guys are talking about. I had high expectations for 65K sticker truck with 475hp and 510lbs of torque. It just didn’t feel tight when making turns and moving the steering wheel around. I know the soft suspension has a lot to do with it but does the ride get any better as time passes? I now have second thoughts about spending that coin on a raptor. Thought it was the one I wanted but seems like it didn’t do it for me.

i dont think anything with 35" tires will ever feel tight depending what you compare it to. did you happen to check the tire pressure monitors when you were driving it? i drove a new one a few days ago and it had 44 psi all around and rode very nice on some twisty roads. most people on here say upper 30's is good for pressure. only thing i wasnt impressed with is i expected a little more go with 500+ lbs of torque but i just came out of a viper so my expectations were probably a little unrealistic.

does anyone know if these things have a dealer / delivery mode on them that restricts the power? i know some ford vehicle do.

Pipo6007

Reaction score
i dont think anything with 35" tires will ever feel tight depending what you compare it to. did you happen to check the tire pressure monitors when you were driving it? i drove a new one a few days ago and it had 44 psi all around and rode very nice on some twisty roads. most people on here say upper 30's is good for pressure. only thing i wasnt impressed with is i expected a little more go with 500+ lbs of torque but i just came out of a viper so my expectations were probably a little unrealistic.

does anyone know if these things have a dealer / delivery mode on them that restricts the power? i know some ford vehicle do.

My friend told me you have to put in sport mode to feel more power.

I drive an suv with 33’s and Bilstein shocks. It drives gripped to the road and not squirrelly at all. It’s a stiffer ride but I guess those fox shocks are made to feel good off road on the dunes.

I was expecting the lightning or viper truck feel. So like I said my expectations were quite high. I might give it one more shot at the end of next month but going to drive other trucks to see how I feel in them compared to the Raptor.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Platinum will be a better ride on the highway. It’s faster and has better handling than the Raptor....on the pavement.

The Raptor cruises well on the highway and excels on off the pavement.

Raptor is the best looking pickup out there.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been through a few Raptors of both Gen's, a couple of Platinum's in between and a Tahoe RST. The RST cornered the best by far, 22" rims and low profile tires and GM's magnetic ride control. Just took a 1,200 mile road trip in my 19 SCREW and thought it road better than anything I have owned for some time. With the Fox shocks combined with the 35 on 18's cornering isn't its strength, but it does better once your confidence in the different feel it provides. I noticed that the softness that the shocks and tires showed when diving into a corner made me feel unsure (compared to others) but it isn't really insatiability as much as feel. Driving across the NV desert I can tell you that with the adaptive cruise and suspension there is nothing that I have owned that I would rather be in. For corners, I'll keep the C6 Z06, but after 1200 miles I would be crippled. Just my .02

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your scaring me a little bit thought I made up my mind to buy the truck now I’m having some agita about it lol
Dont be scared, these are GREAT trucks. Just a little jittery over the bumps at speed, but like I said, lowered tire pressure helps mitigate lots of the jitter. Good luck and enjoy your new truck!

LordExplorer

Reaction score
Your scaring me a little bit thought I made up my mind to buy the truck now I’m having some agita about it lol

I flew from CO to Kansas City to pick up my Raptor and drive it home. Never had a test ride. I had read about adjusting psi so adjusted from 50 to 38 at dealer. Started my drive home and had the same initial impression, drive was stiffer than what I was expecting (for reference I was coming from a 2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged with mods producing over 600hp).

After driving it home to CO over three days doing all side roads and scenic routes, I was in love. The Raptor is awesome. It isn’t the smoothest ride but it is smooth enough. It’s the whole package that makes it so incredible.

I’m on vacation right now touring the Oregon coast. We have a GMC Denali for a rental. After driving it for the past week over many many miles I can say the ride of the Denali is very smooth, floaty, and the 6.2L v8 has some great power. And I Fing hate the thing. This whole time I’ve been dreaming of doing this drive in my Raptor. God I miss it! I’ve owned a lot of amazing vehicles but the Raptor is near the top of my favorites.

You should just buy it. Don’t over think it or worry about what all of us say. You’ll love it. Worst case, if you hate it after 10k miles, the resale is awesome so you won’t lose much.

Andrew_

Reaction score
I’ll put it to you this way:
My friends at the gym were all complaining about “suspension destroying speed bumps” put in about a month ago. I’ve been driving my ‘19 Raptor to the gym and was like “what speed bumps?”

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to one dealer close to the house to test drive one and the freaking guy told me “you can’t test drive these there to expensive we can’t put mileage on them” I said thanks but I’ll take my business elsewhere. I would imagine an Audi A8 is a very smooth ride. That’s exactly how it was like I could feel the rotation of the tires underneath me.
Cant "test drive"...LMAO...are they crazy...they expect you to drop $75-$85K without driving it..! In a way I can see them not wanting to let any Yahoo go for a joy ride,but I'm sure they can get a feel for who is a real buyer and who is looking for a fun test drive...Personally I'd do the same..WALK OUT...and find a dealer who isnt a jerk....