How do you guys like the ride of a 2019 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone Im new to the forum I’ve been researching getting a 2019 raptor for the last 2 months, reading reviews, watching countless videos on YouTube. Everything I come across says how awesome of a truck it is so today I finally found an awesome deal on one, I drive 140 miles to check it out, take it on a road test and to be honest I didn’t like the ride am I missing something? I’m coming from a 2015 Tahoe LT that rides very smooth. The raptor almost felt like what my truck feels like when I drive it off road and there’s mud stuck in the tires after I get back on pavement. Is it possible the raptors tires were just way over inflated or something giving it a stiff ride? My last pickup was a ram back in 2015 maybe I’m just not used to the ride of a pickup anymore. I don’t know what to do if I should get it or not? Anyone else experience a negative feeling towards the ride quality from what they had to getting into a raptor? All the research I’ve done on this truck I figured I would love it once I got behind the wheel of one and I’m kinda bummed I didn’t love it not sure what to do.

sdspa

Reaction score
Mine was way overinflated, and drove like crap on the test drive. Once I got it to 38 psi, the ride improved significantly. I have heard many others say they are overinflated from the factory.

OP
OP
H

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the advice I’m tempted to call the dealership tomorrow and ask him to look at the dash and tell me what the psi was, he will probably think I’m nuts but it’s 140 miles away not about to drive it again to check tire pressure. Just don’t wanna be disappointed after dropping 73k on truck ya know

OP
OP
H

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has ridden very smooth since day 1. no problems at all with the tires.

What did you drive before the raptor? I felt like I could feel the knobby tires rolling on the pavement

sdspa

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the advice I’m tempted to call the dealership tomorrow and ask him to look at the dash and tell me what the psi was, he will probably think I’m nuts but it’s 140 miles away not about to drive it again to check tire pressure. Just don’t wanna be disappointed after dropping 73k on truck ya know

Isn't there a closer dealer that has one that you can test drive?
With overinflated tires, it was like hearing and feeling the tires rubbing on the road.
With 38 psi cold, there is no feeling or hearing the rubber on the road.
My previous daily driver was an Audi A8, btw.

OP
OP
H

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to one dealer close to the house to test drive one and the freaking guy told me “you can’t test drive these there to expensive we can’t put mileage on them” I said thanks but I’ll take my business elsewhere. I would imagine an Audi A8 is a very smooth ride. That’s exactly how it was like I could feel the rotation of the tires underneath me.

Jinrsvl

Reaction score
Like the OP, I walked away a good bit disappointed with the Raptor's ride the first time I test drove one. It was a fairly short drive, maybe 5 miles, over relatively smooth surface streets and I wondered what all the fuss was about.

A few months later, I was all set to buy a loaded Lariat but decided to try the Raptor one more time. This time, I drove the two trucks back to back on a much more interesting route... a route with VERY ROUGH ROADS at 35-55mph speeds. The Raptor blew me away. It wasn't close. After that experience, I came to appreciate the Raptor's unique ride. While I wouldn't characterize the ride as smooth... there's a solidity to the ride which a regular truck just can't match. Maybe it's the stiff chassis, or maybe it's all in the wider stance. Suspension? I honestly don't care enough to know. But I bought the Raptor that day. It was $20k more OTD than the loaded Lariat and I still feel like it was the best decision ever! :):driver:

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks jinrsvl nice post. Definitely needed to hear that I love the look of the truck think I should get another test drive on some better roads to really get a feel. I don’t think my test drive was even close to 5miles more like 2-3 at best.

TimBee

Reaction score
Mine was way overinflated, and drove like crap on the test drive. Once I got it to 38 psi, the ride improved significantly. I have heard many others say they are overinflated from the factory.

I second this.....44psi when I drove it home from the dealership. Once I reduced to the factory recommended 38psi it was a significant improvement.