How do I program new TPMS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluraptor

Reaction score
Ordering a new set of TPMS for new tires and wheels.

From what I am told, the activation tool is for retraining tires during tire rotation only.

Does anyone know if I need to bring the vehicle to a Ford Dealer and have them program it? Has anybody install new TPMS on their Gen3? If so, how does the process work? TIA

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless the Gen 3's are different nothing to do but install and drive. When I switched wheels I didn't make it to the end of the block before they started to read. DO however make sure you get the right frequency sensors for your truck though. Mine (2020) were something like 315 mhz or something close to that. Don't know if yours would be the same or not.

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless the Gen 3's are different nothing to do but install and drive. When I switched wheels I didn't make it to the end of the block before they started to read. DO however make sure you get the right frequency sensors for your truck though. Mine (2020) were something like 315 mhz or something close to that. Don't know if yours would be the same or not.
Mine were 315mhz as well

HighHP

Reaction score
Ordering a new set of TPMS for new tires and wheels.

From what I am told, the activation tool is for retraining tires during tire rotation only.

Does anyone know if I need to bring the vehicle to a Ford Dealer and have them program it? Has anybody install new TPMS on their Gen3? If so, how does the process work? TIA

Did you try to google YouTube for the fix? YouTube has videos for just about everything like this.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does this work with my upcoming 5 tire rotation? What if you have 5 active sensors added to the system? What happens to the one under the truck? I don’t think there would be a reading for it on the screen?

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does this work with my upcoming 5 tire rotation? What if you have 5 active sensors added to the system? What happens to the one under the truck? I don’t think there would be a reading for it on the screen?
Doesn’t read, I have a new TPMS in my spare as well and the truck doesn’t pick it up. Guessing the truck will pick it up once I put it into rotation

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t read, I have a new TPMS in my spare as well and the truck doesn’t pick it up. Guessing the truck will pick it up once I put it into rotation
I kinda figured that would be the case but if you rotate the tire into position it will read? I don’t want to buy a 5th wheel and do the rotation if I’m gonna end up getting a TPMS code on the computer. It wouldn’t be worth it.