How do I add a front camera to a 2010 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010. The front camera didn’t exist there. I have the factory nav unit so the rear camera already works. I had to replace my grille and snagged one. Surprise was it had a front camera.

How do I get the front camera to work or do I need to switch radios with a Tesla style screen or a pioneer or similar double din kit?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trade the truck in for one that has one. or add an aftermarket one, in which you need to replace the radio also, and not a crappy tablet style radio.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does your 2010 have a rear camera and my 2011 had no cameras? I added both cameras using a loc pick although it was a pia to set up. Maybe navTV has an option to add cameras? I actually got rid of the front camera after a few years of never using it. i don't really see the usefulness of it IMO

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to use the front camera once in north KC, a detour took you up a very steep hill and at the crest you could not see if cars were coming from the oposite direction. I used the front camera on the return trip through this detour and it made cresting the hill less stressfull. Even though this is the only time I've used the front camera, it was so worth it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggestions on a 2010 radio kit?
kits are readily available. you just need to make sure you get a radio with multiple camera inputs. i think kenwood and alpine have them. not sure on pioneer, but if pioneer has it, i prefer pioneer. i would make kenwood my last choice because of how hard it is for me to see their screens, but its all about what you like better, dont take my advice, (other than getting a radio with dual camera inputs) go check some out at a shop

wildrider49

Reaction score
I may be late to the party but I just added one to my 2010 with Nav. I used this camera: https://www.camerasource.com/ford-raptor-front-camera-kit
and I used a "lockpick" : https://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

Now I press and hold the "phone" button on the steering wheel and a menu pops up on the display and I can turn on the front camera or the rear camera at any speed, regardless of drive modes and stuff. I couldn't be happier with it. I got my lockpick on eBay but the link above has all the info.