How Do Allocations Work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljohnson38

Reaction score
I order a 21’ 37 performance pack back in July when I sold my 20’ Raptor. The dealer said they had an allocation (I honestly think they lied about it). Late September they said the 21’ was not going to be built due to a parts shortage and we would have to wait to resubmit in October when the 22’ order bank opens. So we built the same truck and submitted the order with a priority code of 10 in October. The dealership said they would call the ford rep and push the order through because of the 21’ getting cancelled. The dealership keeps telling me they are getting an allocation for a 22’ with no end in sight. My question for the forum is…are allocations distributed monthly? Or is there another way Ford distributes the allocations. I wish the dealerships would be honest about who has allocations and how many. Just wondering when it’s time to get off this hamster wheel and work with another dealer if they can never get this done. I’m patient, but didn’t think it would take 5+ months to get a order accepted and a build date for a $83k truck, not to mention another 5/6 months for build and delivery time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are given yearly allocations based on f150 sales. My dealer got 5 total, 1 37 and 4 35 but ford didn’t fulfill all 5 in 2021 and some got rolled into 2022.