How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove a crappy car for over 10 years with no car payment. Then, I bought a used Raptor for 20K less than a new one

I have only bought used Raptors let someone else take that initial 10-20 grand lick on the front end.

Fully loaded Gen 1 scab with 48 thosuand miles for 36k

Fully loaded Gen 2 screw with 20 thosuand miles for 57k

The gen 2 had roughly 5-7 grand worth accessories with it

Reaction score
I’m a registered professional engineer and a certified commercial diver who does underwater structural inspections across the country. Picked up the Raptor during round 1 of the COVID scare, got a decent deal. We just finished building a new house on the water on the coast which will hopefully serve as a 3rd retirement plan.

Also, my last truck purchase was a 2005 F-150, so I’ve had 10 years with no payment.

Last edited:

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only bought used Raptors let someone else take that initial 10-20 grand lick on the front end.

Fully loaded Gen 1 scab with 48 thosuand miles for 36k

Fully loaded Gen 2 screw with 20 thosuand miles for 57k

The gen 2 had roughly 5-7 grand worth accessories with it
Not all but there are some vehicles I would never buy used....the raptor is on that short list. Glad it is working out for you but I know how I treat my truck and if somebody else did the same for 2 years then got rid of it I would not want to be the second owner

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not all but there are some vehicles I would never buy used....the raptor is on that short list. Glad it is working out for you but I know how I treat my truck and if somebody else did the same for 2 years then got rid of it I would not want to be the second owner

True of certain vehicles, i guess. An STI is a vehicle i would not buy used. Maybe even a GTR, if you read the auto check and car fax deeply and then research the previous owner to figure out what he did to it while owning it then you should be okay. I have been burnt before on another sti which had been rally crossed but for the most part I have been lucky.

I know why the previous owner got rid of my Gen 2 Raptor but he owned it for 14 months. I can`t fault a person for that but I got cermaic coating, line x, avs all around, bed cover, and window tint all included and i didn`t have to spend money to add it.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2017 my 2013 Tacoma was stolen. Insurance company gave me close to 40K for it (they hold their value). With that money, I was able to purchase a 2018 Gen 2 out of state (Texas) since the dealerships in CA had markups. Sold the Gen 2 last year and purchased a Gen 1. I am also fortunate to have a good paying job (pump operator, potable water) and no kids @ 39 yrs old. I work hard and like to hook myself up.