How did they paint inside the headlight housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They would have had to heat the headlights up to the point that the seal between the housing and lens could be separated, and then try and seal the lens back on. Voids the warranty on the lamps and there’s a good chance that the LEDs were damaged in the process.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
They stopped using glue some years ago and basically fused the plastic housing together. I used a die grinder with a cut off wheel on my 2016 F350 headlights to paint the chrome black. I would not recommend it for everyone seeing as it WILL void your warranty for the headlights. And may damage the LEDs as FordTech1 stated.

20190128_164121.jpg

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got me some fancy headlights y'all; going to make up a totally awesome name and put it on the interwebz for all to see.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.....Akins is right up the road from me and Wild willys is the most arrogant, overpriced 4wd shop of pickle puffers in Ga

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha ugh not what I was hoping to hear. A part of me wanted to believe you could pull that part of the assembly out from behind like some kind of bulb assembly.

I still think they look good, maybe not good enough for me to tamper with a $$$ set of headlights…thanks all.