How concerning is buying a G2 without Cam Phasers addressed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking into getting a Raptor but the ones that have my interest haven’t had the factory recall done on the Cam Phasers. They are around 50k miles therefore I would think they are due to them eventually.

I would be trading in both my cars and money is tight but I wouldn’t like to be stuck with that problem.

After doing some digging I saw that the recall is out of date now meaning that for the trucks that come up with the issue now they are SOL.

What is the likelihood that these Raptors will come up with this issue even around this mileage? And down the line what is the likelihood of this reappearing?
can you afford a $4k repair out of pocket...just a matter of time

I will add.... my 2018 had no CF sounds at 44k miles. then I did the mandatory software update. shortly after that, I started to get the CF rattle. I am convinced I would have been fine if I did not do the update.

my CF were fixed last month at 49k miles and all is well.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
I’ve got my ‘18 w/48k and have had absolutely zero issues with phasers. Had the recall update done to the software and again…zero issues. If by some random act of God I get a phaser issue down the road I’ll gladly pay 3k to keep my truck running like a champ and to continue the enjoyment from owning a Raptor. My opinion is if you want it bad enough a possible phaser issue shouldn’t stop you.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if its still under powertrain but sounds like yours may be. I do believe most things are blown out of proportion on the internet. This is not one of them. I know 100 people with them, and Im close friends with people in 10 of those trucks. All 10 of us have had them done once or twice. Mine didn't pop up until about 56k. I believe this isn't an if but a when. If i start adding in all the people i know with those model year F150's with 3.5's in general, off to the races we go.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the CF rattle since 11k miles or so, have 38k miles now and am too scared to let an incompetent dear fuckupmytruck doing this 'repair'. Truck does not always rattle, it is hit and miss and it runs like a top so I'm super conflicted :p