How concerned should I be about high mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Semper

Reaction score
Found a 2019 Certified pre-owned Raptor with 77k miles, so 23k left on the CPO 100k warranty. Everything points to freeway only miles, but I'm wondering if I need to do a leakdown test or any other mechanical inspection to make sure I'm not up against a known issue with high mileage on the drivetrain. Any insights would be appreciated. Prices are nuts, but the premium to get a Raptor over any other F150 (or Sierra Denali, etc.) is worth the extra cash for what I'd get with a Raptor. Thanks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Best thing to check is the service history, has it been well maintained, fluids changed regularly, etc. Seems like a bit of mileage for 2 years, but I hear you, Raptors are awesome. Crawl under the truck and look for any evidence of hard off-roading

OP
OP
S

Semper

Reaction score
Yep, good call. I took a quick look under it when I first seriously considered it, and I don't think it has even seen a gravel road. Zero marks that I saw, at least not of the sort I'd see on my previous 4WD vehicles that saw a little back country. I'll post service history once I get it if there's anything I think needs some explanation. I'm mostly wondering about the durability of this motor (and bearings, joints, etc.) after a lot of steady state high speed operation. I didn't see a "post your high mileage Raptor" thread of the sort I saw on Toyota 100 series message boards. Edit: and now I found them! Thanks

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Found a 2019 Certified pre-owned Raptor with 77k miles, so 23k left on the CPO 100k warranty. Everything points to freeway only miles, but I'm wondering if I need to do a leakdown test or any other mechanical inspection to make sure I'm not up against a known issue with high mileage on the drivetrain. Any insights would be appreciated. Prices are nuts, but the premium to get a Raptor over any other F150 (or Sierra Denali, etc.) is worth the extra cash for what I'd get with a Raptor. Thanks.
advice, don't buy anything with 77k on it already. How many miles do you really expect to get out of it after that?

ravis22

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but I am also consider higher mileage (ie 40k+) which is over the bumper to bumper warranty but still lots left on powertrain warranty. With that, I’ve seen lots of issues with the cam phasers, maybe this is a newb question, but are the cam phasers cover by the powertrain warranty? That’s probably one of my biggest concerns with buying used, aside from all the normal risks you get with buying used, many of which I know what to look for, but cam phasers seen like they are pretty difficult to know if/when it would even have an issue. Thanks!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 84,000, build was I think August 2017.

Literally the only thing that has failed was the pins came out of a connector when I was doing maintenance. All other items were recall and even that was not a huge issue.

Oil changes 5000-7000 miles. I run her like a horse.

No catch can, I am tuned, I run 93, plugs done every 20,000. Oh and I do the air filter same time I do plugs.