How can this happen after leaf spring work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Scab. A few months ago I had my front and rear springs replaced with Eibachs and Icons. No problems. I took my truck back to the same shop because I didn't like the stage I chose for the Icons. In the process of removing the rear leafs and adjusting them my truck fell to ****. I have the following list of problems:

Park brake malfunction. Service now.
Service AdvanceTrac
Hill Start Assist Not Available
Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
Check Rear Parking Assist
Cruise control doesn't work
Temperature on the main display doesn't update.
I get a view of the truck with a exclamation point in a red circle flashing on the display.
Can't choose any drive modes.
Steering is very heavy.

Of course, the shop had no idea. I have an appointment with the dealership, but I know that will come out of my own pocket. Any suggestions? I followed the Google trail and cleaned and lubricated all the electrical connections under the rear of the truck. I also had the battery check and it was good. Frustrating!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I would be looking under the truck for burnt wires or pinched harnesses, too much of a coincidence having happened when a shop was doing rear springs.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if you have any codes related to a wheel speed sensor. I seem to recall it can throw a bunch of those warnings

OP
OP
Chris Mies

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code: U0101 - Lost Communication with TCM

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Side Obstacle Detection Control Module - Right

I replaced the rear driver side wheel speed sensor and that did nothing.