How best to add foglights and other Leds to Headlights and auto high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But you don't have a fog light switch inside the cab... they don't put them on raptors...

Correct. If you want the button you have to buy a switch with the foglight button. The button is a momentary switch. it grounds pin 14 at the switch when pressed. The fog light circuit remembers its state, so you dont have to hit the fog button everytime you get in your truck to have the fogs on.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not too shabby but you can always just leave your upfitter on and your fogs are on (unless that bothers you). Here in the states we can't operate our "fogs" if the highs are on, so even with Forscan flipping your highs on will not flip your fogs on. Forscan might let your fogs STAY on if highs go on, but what folks are trying to do is wire up their highs so when they flip the high beams on, additional fogs turn on

For example I run Squadron SAE on at all times. When I go to my highs, i want my driving/combos to come on. Now I can do this since I have an LVJ Relay system, but others may not.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a way to do this with fuse taps/add a fuse, or do I have to tap into the actual wires?

I want my fog lights to turn on with my headlights, sick of hitting the upfitter switches all the time.

On my other LEDs, id like them to come on with the auto-Highbeams.

thanks

Not too shabby but you can always just leave your upfitter on and your fogs are on (unless that bothers you). Here in the states we can't operate our "fogs" if the highs are on, so even with Forscan flipping your highs on will not flip your fogs on. Forscan might let your fogs STAY on if highs go on, but what folks are trying to do is wire up their highs so when they flip the high beams on, additional fogs turn on

For example I run Squadron SAE on at all times. When I go to my highs, i want my driving/combos to come on. Now I can do this since I have an LVJ Relay system, but others may not.

From what i gathered from the o.p was he wanted fogs to turn on with headlights. That was the option i provided info on.
o.p also wanted "other leds" to come on with auto high beam. I wasn't providing any info on doing that.
i appreciate the input on just using my upfitter switches. I rather use a factory fog circuit for daily fog lights. Ill keep the upfitters for my other lights.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like he's going to be doing some wiring either way and his best option would be the LVJ Motorsports relay panel. Makes it pretty easy.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he's going to be doing some wiring either way and his best option would be the LVJ Motorsports relay panel. Makes it pretty easy.

I checked out the relay panel you posted. Nice setup. Can you help me understand why you would use that over just the upfitters? Need for more amperage?

FrenchRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned tapping into the high beam trigger to turn on some forward spots. I’ve been trying to find that high beam trigger wire but have found that you need to tear apart half the front end to get behind the headlight on this 2020 Gen2!! Where can I find a high beam trigger to feed my spots?!?! What a pain!! Fyi..looks like the 2018-19 headlight wiring is different from the 2020??

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I checked out the relay panel you posted. Nice setup. Can you help me understand why you would use that over just the upfitters? Need for more amperage?

Most use it for one of 2 reasons

1) They need more amperage
2) They want to control which light circuits come on/off with their high beams.

I use it for more amperage on our demo truck as I'm running 4x LP9 off 1 switch.

However I actually wired 2x LP9 to 1 relay on the LVJ, the other 2x LP9 to another relay on the LVJ.

I then connected 1 upfitter to BOTH relay triggers. This way I can turn 4x LP9 on from 1 upfitter.

WHY did I split them though? In case I ever want to put different lenses in and run them on different switches, I'm already setup for it easily. Plus i'm also not overloading the LVJ system by having so many lights on 1.

I actually have the low modes on 2 relays as well so when im ready, i can tie in my high beams to it.

FrenchRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the LVJ unit one standard box that you order specific to your Raptor by year? I have a 2020 Screw and would be interested in the setup since I am currently having a difficult time finding where to splice into my high beam trigger.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
So is the LVJ unit one standard box that you order specific to your Raptor by year? I have a 2020 Screw and would be interested in the setup since I am currently having a difficult time finding where to splice into my high beam trigger.
It does not look year specific...just Gen 2 Adam posted the link on page 1: https://www.lvjmotorsports.com/product-page/copy-of-gen-2-hi-beam-modified-relay-panel

BUT, you would still have to tap into the high-beam wire to trigger the LVJ system to activate with high beams...I believe Adam said there was a wire inside the passenger kick panel you could tap into OR he has a harness that plugs into the factory headlight and factory headlight harness and has a third plug that you can connect to for high beam trigger.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone mentioned tapping into the high beam trigger to turn on some forward spots. I’ve been trying to find that high beam trigger wire but have found that you need to tear apart half the front end to get behind the headlight on this 2020 Gen2!! Where can I find a high beam trigger to feed my spots?!?! What a pain!! Fyi..looks like the 2018-19 headlight wiring is different from the 2020??

Where do you see the wiring being different for the 2020?