How best to add foglights and other Leds to Headlights and auto high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I actually have those harnesses in stock believe it or not :) I never thought to actually try just doing that so as not to damage any wire. Plus it would mean I don't have to run a wire through the cabin (or use the upfitter pass throughs).

I may take one of my spares and do this actually.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah I actually have those harnesses in stock believe it or not :) I never thought to actually try just doing that so as not to damage any wire. Plus it would mean I don't have to run a wire through the cabin (or use the upfitter pass throughs).

I’m polishing up my soon to be received gift card as a commission.
I don’t have any laser led’s yet y’know.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you do this and it works... you should think about selling premade ones!!! hint hint. Please let us know if it works.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score

Flatom

Reaction score

I would buy one

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck was pre wired for the fog lights. Just had to activate it with Forscan in the BCM and now have fogs. You can also make a change in forscan to have the fogs on with high beam or DRL. Just had to add wiring from the connector that was pre wired that is by the passenger headlight. One wire is (left) and one is (right). If your interested in that option i can be more specific with the wiring. As far as triggering the fogs to come on, I just set them to remember their last state. So its like hitting the fog light button. Or you could just add the headlight switch that has the fog light button. My truck also has that pre wired. So ill eventually just order a switch.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My truck was pre wired for the fog lights. Just had to activate it with Forscan in the BCM and now have fogs. You can also make a change in forscan to have the fogs on with high beam or DRL. Just had to add wiring from the connector that was pre wired that is by the passenger headlight. One wire is (left) and one is (right). If your interested in that option i can be more specific with the wiring. As far as triggering the fogs to come on, I just set them to remember their last state. So its like hitting the fog light button. I will probably look and see if the fog light switch wiring is ran to the bcm. If so, would be easy to swap the switch with one containing the fog button.

You have a Gen2 Raptor? They don't have fogs from the factory so there's nothing for them to activate.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a Gen2 Raptor? They don't have fogs from the factory so there's nothing for them to activate.

correct. I have a gen2. The raptor shares the same harness as an f150 in most cases. Mine was just missing wiring from a single connector by the headlight. I already have wired and tested.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck was pre wired up to the C134 connector. You can see where the regular f150 on sheet 8 has a sub harness for the fogs. My truck was wired all the way to that connector. Its obviously got a different sub harness from that connector on.

Attachments

• 8.pdf
    323.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 9.pdf
    314.3 KB · Views: 16

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
But you don't have a fog light switch inside the cab... they don't put them on raptors...