GEN 2 How are you all working in the engine bay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m 5’9” and use this:

Cosco Two Step Big Step Folding Step Stool with Rubber Hand Grip, Grey Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032JRVPI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

to wash the thing and check the oil. Haven’t needed more than that at 26k but I’d probably check the gaps and hand the plugs to my local shop. They’re great, never **** up and love my vehicles.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got one of those aluminum work platforms and they’re perfect for working in the engine bay.

Does anybody have one of those Milwaukee underhood lights? Was thinking of picking one up.

OP
OP
MdnytRyder

MdnytRyder

Reaction score
I got one of those aluminum work platforms and they’re perfect for working in the engine bay.

Does anybody have one of those Milwaukee underhood lights? Was thinking of picking one up.
Nice. No I have a rechargeable led with magnets, hooks, and pivot head from Lowe’s. Really helpful under the truck but in the engine compartment not as much as there is nowhere to attach the magnetic base. The hooks work ok but you can’t focus the light quite as needed. Doesn’t look like they sell it anymore though. Shame, it’s a really good light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. No I have a rechargeable led with magnets, hooks, and pivot head from Lowe’s. Really helpful under the truck but in the engine compartment not as much as there is nowhere to attach the magnetic base. The hooks work ok but you can’t focus the light quite as needed. Doesn’t look like they sell it anymore though. Shame, it’s a really good light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a led work light that hangs from the hood latch. It’s good but I need more light since I can’t see **** anymore. Plus I’ve hit my noggin a few times haha

Was thinking about this:
4CDC0725-AF8D-4B95-815B-7ECC27A2173A.jpeg