Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are stretches of beaches that you can drive on. The 'Lost Highway' is where I took the pic in my avatar. About 30 miles where it's relatively un-populated. Probably some topless-ness you don't want to see. It's not completely clean though, and I did see get some tar on the truck to deal with after.

I was going to ask, where is the Lost Highway. Sounds similar to possibly the Padre Island National Seashore. From what I understand, there are 60-70 miles of natural beach area that you can pretty much drive around at any speed you care to. I have that place on my list to visit. The only problem is it really is a natural area with no facilities. So my wife wants to know how she is expected to go to the restroom when we camp there.:33:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to ask, where is the Lost Highway. Sounds similar to possibly the Padre Island National Seashore. From what I understand, there are 60-70 miles of natural beach area that you can pretty much drive around at any speed you care to. I have that place on my list to visit. The only problem is it really is a natural area with no facilities. So my wife wants to know how she is expected to go to the restroom when we camp there.:33:

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/3232-lost-highway-87

You'll probably have to create an account to get any info, but it's free. This is how I found out about it. You can also get details by googling "lost highway texas", even some FRF threads on it.