Hot interior + A/C on AUTO = low fan speed?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by swoop1156, May 20, 2011.

1. swoop1156

swoop1156 FRF Addict

So, noticed this the other day randomly...

When I park the truck in this Florida sun; when I get back inside and turn the air conditioning on and set it to "AUTO", it doesn't blow the air on the highest speed.

Any ideas why?

2. xBX

xBX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cause its only pumping enough air into the car to maintain the temperature set... If your interior was hot and you set it on 60 and auto, it will be blowing like hell...

Correct me if im wrong... Thats just what I think based on me just playing around with it.

3. swoop1156

swoop1156 FRF Addict

Nah, that's what I am saying. It doesnt blow like hell. It's two 'steps' down from the highest setting. I can manually turn it on full blast, but when I hit auto, it backs itself down again.

4. xBX

xBX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's weird... Mine goes to the highest setting. Sometimes when my car inside is similar temp to outside it'll go to 2 or 3 level.

Weird. I don't know man

5. Raptizzle

Raptizzle FYT Staff Member

Maybe it senses that the AC isn't cold enough yet and it doesn't want to blast warm air until it cools down. :shrug:

6. Droid

Droid kglesq's Brother

Mine seems to be over-aggressive about the blower speed. Wish they the fan speed control allowed you to set the "intensity" of the auto climate when in auto mode, like some of the German items.

7. swoop1156

swoop1156 FRF Addict

That was a thought that I had, but even when it gets balls cold, it's still not on full blast. Hmm.

Looks like I can have the dealer look at that while they're giving me the shaft!

8. HoustonRider

HoustonRider Full Access Member

is the recirc button on? it blows harder when the recirc is on, otherwise, Mine always blows full blast (even when its cool out) for a minute or so.