Hot interior + A/C on AUTO = low fan speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, noticed this the other day randomly...

When I park the truck in this Florida sun; when I get back inside and turn the air conditioning on and set it to "AUTO", it doesn't blow the air on the highest speed.

Any ideas why?

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause its only pumping enough air into the car to maintain the temperature set... If your interior was hot and you set it on 60 and auto, it will be blowing like hell...

Correct me if im wrong... Thats just what I think based on me just playing around with it.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah, that's what I am saying. It doesnt blow like hell. It's two 'steps' down from the highest setting. I can manually turn it on full blast, but when I hit auto, it backs itself down again.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's weird... Mine goes to the highest setting. Sometimes when my car inside is similar temp to outside it'll go to 2 or 3 level.

Weird. I don't know man

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it senses that the AC isn't cold enough yet and it doesn't want to blast warm air until it cools down. :shrug:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Mine seems to be over-aggressive about the blower speed. Wish they the fan speed control allowed you to set the "intensity" of the auto climate when in auto mode, like some of the German items.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it senses that the AC isn't cold enough yet and it doesn't want to blast warm air until it cools down. :shrug:

That was a thought that I had, but even when it gets balls cold, it's still not on full blast. Hmm.

Looks like I can have the dealer look at that while they're giving me the shaft!

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the recirc button on? it blows harder when the recirc is on, otherwise, Mine always blows full blast (even when its cool out) for a minute or so.